Let's welcome Disqus, our new commenting overlords
Yes, as you may have noticed, we have a new commenting platform here on Westword.com. Disqus is the application we've installed across all four of our blogs.
Here's a handy rundown of what to expect next time your want to leave a comment.
- You can now log-in via your Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo! or OpenID accounts that you already have established.
- Yes, you can still
trollprovide insight by being an anonymous commenter. You're asked to provide a "valid" email address, but typing in email@example.com will still allow you to comment.
- If you want to bring the hammer down on another commenter, you can do that as well, because you can directly reply to another's comment. (example here.)
- Comments show up instantaneously. No more waiting around for your comment to show up.
- Notify! You can choose to be notified via e-mail to any replies to your comment, or any additional comments on a post.
Disqus is used by both the most "trusted" name in news, CNN, as well as the most "fair and balanced" newsers over at Fox News. Beyond that, it's also used by mega tech blog TechCrunch, so if it sucked, you know they wouldn't be using it.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Marijuana Strain Review: Mint Chocolate Chip at Canna-bis
- Reader: Big Hotels Would Like to Kill Short Term Rentals
- What Pisses Off Five Points Residents?