Lindsey Vonn tells Twitter Nation that Tim Tebow didn't break up her marriage
It's been mighty hard for web surfers to come up with grime on Tim Tebow. But you had to know trolls wouldn't stop until they found a chink in his heavenly armor -- or hyped nothing into something. All of which explains the latest crazy rumor of the week.
Which is: The Chosen One broke up Colorado skiing sensation/hottie Lindsey Vonn's marriage.
The evidence, as laid out by Deadspin?
1. Vonn announced two weeks ago that she and her former beloved, Thomas, had split.
2. She recently Tebowed after winning a race at Beaver Creek.
3. She sat in the Tebow family's luxury box at Mile High Stadium to watch the Broncos beat the Bears in typically atypical fashion.
These factoids inspired enough chatter that Vonn tried to squelch them on her Denver Post blog. Her explanation:
A lot of people are wondering what's up with me and the Tebows. I'm just friends with the family. I met Tim and his brother Pete at the ESPY Awards like three or four years ago in the gym -- we were working out there. I spent more time with Tim and his brother at the V Foundation Golf Tournament, and this year at the ESPYs.
Tim presented me with my ESPY award this year, and we kind of chatted. I said, "If you want to come up to Vail and ski, let me know." [Tim's older brother] Robby invited me to one of their games a few weeks ago. Then we ended up being able to race at Beaver Creek, so he came up for that last Wednesday.
I pretty much know their whole family now. They're great people. It's pretty awesome to be able to hang out with them -- and to be able to witness the amazing things Tim and the Broncos can do.
I really get inspired by other athletes. I like to believe that the impossible is possible, and people like that make you believe.
She also sent out the following tweet:
Will that put the rumors to rest? Of course not -- but it could cause them to morph. After all, the Post report about Robby being in Lindsey's Beaver Creek "Vonntourage" is the most viewed item on its sports blog right now.
Is he the black sheep of the family? Those kinds of thoughts will send you straight to hell!
Click to follow and like the Michael Roberts Facebook page.
More from our Sports archive: "Tim Tebow, Lindsey Vonn (& LaLa Vasquez?) bring Colorado to the ESPYs (VIDEOS)."
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Leonard Nimoy's Colorado Ties: Poetry Books Going for Big $ After His Death
- Pot-Edibles Teacher and Twenty Most Memorable Mug Shots of February 2015
- Leah Montgomery, Hit By Teen Driver While Walking Toddler, Loses Unborn Baby
- See 6 Members of Gallant Knights Insane Gang Indicted for Murder Bid and More