Lisa Ramfjord Elstun Designs for Cydney Payton
Cat got a little behind on posting the sketches for the Cydney Payton Design Challenge, a special addendum to the Tamarac Square Fashion Project.
Eight of the competing designers submitted "museum-opening outfit" sketches to the director of the Museum of Contemporary Art/Denver, who will choose her favorite. The winner will be crowned on the runway, Wednesday, April 25.
The prize, you ask? Cat has arranged for:
* A night's lodging at the Adam's Mark Hotel
* Two tickets to Sondheim's A Funny Thing Happed on the Way to the Forum, playing at the Stage Theater in the Denver Performing Arts Complex
* $100 gift certificate to Lola for dinner
* Two tickets to the Peace Project, the current exhibit at the MoCA-D
* A meeting with Cydney Payton
Here's Lisa's artist's statement about her design:
This sketch captures Cydney's key words of tailored, minimalist and Colorado sky, while loving Miuccia Prada's designs. The peacock blue silk is the color of the sky over the mountains at last light. The design essence of both 2007 Summer and Fall Miu Miu and Prada collections are seen in the shoulder and midriff lines. Three-quarter sleeves accented with dynamic cuffs will highlight her favorite accessory -- her wedding ring! With a hem just below her knee, she will have many options for shoes and occasions to wear the dress again.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.