Over the weekend: From Skylab to Suite 200, we've got you covered
Here's what you missed if you spent the weekend shopping for new galoshes:
Thursday -- yeah, some of us started early -- marked the final Riverfront Park Fashion Show of the summer, and it didn't disappoint. Aaron Thackery's slide show is testament to that.
Suite 200, a new 7,000 square-foot-club on Larimer, threw a grand-opening party on Friday. Photo by John Solomon.
- Suite 200, a sprawling, trendy new club downtown, marked its grand opening with a packed party on Friday night. Clubs editor Jon Solomon captured the beautiful people in their natural habitat in this slideshow.
- Saturday night, while Jon and the pretty people recovered, dance-music addicts overthrew the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds for Skylab 2008. Aaron Thackary broke out his glowsticks and joined the fray, and was welcomed with ... well, you'll see.
- And, as you can see below, Jack Johnson proved on Sunday that not even the threat of rain, the threat of getting stuck in post-concert traffic on a Sunday night, nor the threat of Monday morning could stop his fans from packing Red Rocks.
And, in case you forgot what he looked like, here's that smooth-singin' dreamboat rockin' the mic:
Did we miss anything? (Seriously, tell us). -- Joe Tone
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Anti-Pot Group Prediction Coming True?: Illegal Grow Bust of 10 Foreign Nationals
Sat., Oct. 10, 5:00pm
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 10, 7:05pm
Sun., Oct. 11, 12:00pm
- Reader: Broncos Fans Are So Frickin' Spoiled!
- West 32nd Avenue Restaurants Are Booming — And We Pick Our Ten Faves