Peyton Manning signing inspires 18 cent chicken wings, pitchers of Coors Light
While Denver Broncos execs at the annual NFL meetings in Florida are collecting kudos for intercepting Peyton Manning, the new quarterback catch is being toasted in Colorado with a Peyton's Pitcher & Pie Special (pepperoni pizza and a pitcher of Coors Light for $18, Mondays only) not from Papa John's, the outfit Manning touted at the last Super Bowl, but Govnr's Park.
Late last Tuesday, this URGENT request went out late last Tuesday from the Colorado Tourism Office:
With today's announcement that Peyton Manning agreed to a five-year, $96 million contract with the Denver Broncos, we are wondering if anyone is offering any special packages for "Manning Mania" in Colorado? We would love to put together a timely pitch that includes lodging deals, dining specials, activity offerings etc. that are tied to Manning joining the Broncos. We are also hoping this might motivate those who are not doing something to modify a current offering or package to give it a Manning spin (perhaps using the number 18, which is Manning's jersey number i.e. $18.18 dinner for two)....We would love to have a pitch drafted for distribution on Friday morning if possible. The more creative, the better. Your help is much appreciated.
The CTO PR Team
Unlike Manning's $96 million deal, a few of the deals that came in were downright chintzy: a whopping $7 off a $125 ATV tour, for example, dropping the rate from $125 to $118. Others were more complicated than the Tim Tebow trade, like the Peyton Manning discount of 18 percent on the 18th of every month on Culinary Connectors tours. The 18 cent chicken wing offer at Applebee's has already expired. But there's still time to take advantage of this one: On Thursday, March 29, the first 180 customers at the Outlets at Castle Rock will get the Peyton Manning Package, which includes a Nike sport pack, Outlets at Castle Rock bottled water and an Outlets at Castle Rock $25 gift card for $18. The offer expires after eighteen hours -- but if the Outlets at Castle Rock don't see more than 180 customers in eighteen hours, this state's tourism industry is in big trouble.
Watch for our own helpful Peyton Manning guide to Denver here tomorrow; our Best of Denver 2012 kicks off with the Best 18 Things Peyton Manning Needs to Know about Denver. And in the meantime, here's the full release of Peyton-inspired tourism deals:
Manning Mania Touches Down in Colorado with Peyton-Inspired Deals Across the State
DENVER, Colo. (March 23, 2012) -- With Tuesday's announcement that four time NFL MVP Peyton Manning agreed to a five-year, $96 million contract with the Denver Broncos, Colorado businesses began rolling out packages and deals to celebrate Manning's move from a Colt to a Bronco. Below is a sampling of "Manning Mania" Colorado offerings from lodging deals to food discounts and more.
Tarryall River Ranch's "Colts Grow into Broncos" Deals: The below packages expire May 27, 2012. Visit www.tarryallriverranch.com and call for availability 800.408.8407.
• Buy one get one for $18, bed and breakfast stay in a mountain cabin.
• Buy one get one for $18, half-day horseback ride with bed and breakfast stay. One offer per reservation.
• Buy 2 get 1 for $18, 1/2 day horseback ride ($75 each) or all-day horseback ride ($125 each).
• AAA Colorado Welcome Manning Facebook Offer: The first 18 people to comment on the Facebook post get $18 basic new AAA membership or $18 basic new associate. www.facebook.com/AAAColoradoTomHess
• Culinary Connectors "Score Like Peyton Manning" Specials: Culinary Connectors provides behind-the-scenes culinary tours of Denver, Boulder and Aspen's restaurants. Visit www.culinaryconnectors.com.
• Peyton Manning discount of 18 percent every month on the 18th on any tours. Discount code PEYTON.
• Monthly promotion on the 5th of the month on Facebook and Twitter where one lucky winner will "Score like Peyton Manning" and one lucky winner will receive 96 percent off a Culinary Connectors tour. www.facebook.com/culinaryconnectors, www.twitter.com/culinaryconnect
• Outlets at Castle Rock Peyton Manning Package: The first 180 customers receive a Nike sport pack, an Outlets at Castle Rock $25 gift card for only $18 and Outlets at Castle Rock bottled water. Offer begins at 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 29 and expires after 18 hours. See Customer Service Desk in the food court for complete rules and regulations. Visit www.outletsatcastlerock.com.
• Govnr's Park Tavern Manning Mania Mondays: Denver's original tavern will be offering Manning Mania Mondays with a "Peyton's Pitcher & Pie Special" for $18 (Pepperoni pizza and a pitcher of Coors Light). Offer valid every Monday from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Visit www.govnrspark.com.
• Smashburger's "Peyton Burger:" Smashburger is welcoming Mr. Manning to the Mile High City with his own burger announced on Facebook. The Peyton Burger includes 100 percent certified angus beef topped with applewood smoked bacon, blue cheese, Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, lettuce and tomato. Get it...blue (the cheese) and orange (the Franks) for everyone's favorite Denver Team! It's on their secret menu and you can order it by asking for the "Peyton Burger" at any Colorado Smashburger restaurant. www.facebook.com/smashburger
• Applebee's Peyton Manning 18¢ Wings: Colorado's 26 Applebee's are serving up a kick-off celebration of the Bronco's signing Peyton Manning by offering 18¢ wings. The 18¢ wings are available only during Happy Hour from 3 to 6 p.m. and Late Night from 9 p.m. to close in the bar area. They are serving up several drink specials. Offer valid through tonight, Friday, March 23. Visit www.applebees.com.
• Royal Gorge Bridge & Park's Manning Savings: Save up to $18 with $3 off each general admission ticket purchased up to 6 tickets. Package valid May-September. Visit www.royalgorgebridge.com.
• Downtown Marriotts' "Hometown Sports Packages": Visit www.marriott.com.
Courtyard Denver Downtown by Marriott: Step right out to the 16th Street Mall in the heart of downtown! Take pleasure in their newly renovated boutique-style hotel and proximity to shops, restaurants and Sports Authority Field at Mile High. This special rate includes lodging, valet parking and two pre or post-game Colorado draft beers or one appetizer at Rialto Café. Rates start at $149. For reservations call 303.571.1114.
Residence Inn Denver City Center by Marriott: Suite urban comforts 1½ blocks from the 16th Street Mall in the heart of downtown! Enjoy their spacious suites, complimentary hot breakfast buffet served daily and proximity to downtown shops, restaurants and Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Parking and two beverage items from The Market are included with this special rate. Rates start at $149. For reservations call 303.296.3444.
• Mile Hi Rafting Manning Discounted ATV Tour: Mile Hi Rafting is offering a 2 hour ATV Tour for $118 (normally $125). Offer valid through the end of 2012. Visit www.milehirafting.com.
Let's hope Peyton Manning never sees the Colorado Tourism Office's "Let's Talk Colorado" guide to the lexicon of this state. Read about it in Patricia Calhoun's "Let's talk embarrassing!"
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.