In their 2012 home opener, the Colorado Rockies got their ass kicked 7-0 by the San Francisco Giants -- something that's probably going to happen a lot this season. But the grim outlook didn't stop Rockies fans from putting on their best gear and enjoying a glorious day for baseball.
Look below to count down our seven favorites (including one especially cheeky attendee) in photos by Javid Rezvani.
7. Darth Rocky A classic look. If only it didn't remind us of the Raiders....
6. Purple Pedal Power Nice color-coordinating with your ride, dude.
5. Picture Perfect Good thing it wasn't windy....
4. Mardi Gras, Colorado-Style Unfortunately, the Rockies' defense was like those fishnets -- lots of holes. Page down to see our top three best-dressed fans at the Rockies home opener.
3. Shades of Victory Good idea to look at the Rockies' loss through purple-tinted glasses.
2. Manning Up Attaway to pick a winner!
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Hit the Showers! There's a special bonus when you dress like this, kids -- an escort home. Score!
Follow and like the Michael Roberts/Westword Facebook page.
More from our Baseball archive: "Photos: Purple line to mark Rockies opener perfect for LoDo drunks to walk."