Photos: 9News sixtieth-anniversary quiz
9News is celebrating its sixtieth anniversary by, among other things, spotlighting some veterans of the station. Bet you recognize several of the folks in this shot -- but can you name them and other glory-days vets? To find out, we've put together a quiz featuring vintage screen shots of ten past personalities, along with hints about their background, followed by the answers. Test your 9News knowledge below.
Source for our clues: the KUSA-TV Wikipedia page.
1. Anchor/news director (1967-1984?; deceased)
2. Morning anchor/reporter (1977?-1984; now anchor at KMGH in Denver)
3. Weather anchor (1979-1996; deceased)
4. Chief meteorologist (1969-1988; deceased)
6. Anchor (1974-2000, 2003; now retired and living in Denver)
7. Sports reporter (1980s)
8. Anchor (1977-1993; now anchor at KMGH in Denver)
9. Sports reporter (197?-1996; retired)
Denver Outlaws / Major League Lacrosse All Star Game
TicketsSat., Dec. 29, 6:00pm
In the photo above: John Rayburn, Paula Woodward, Ron Mitchell, Ed Sardella and current staffer Gary Shapiro (front row, left to right); engineer Bill Boyer, producer Jack Maher and director Bob Pusatory (back row, left to right).
1. Carl Akers 2. Bertha Lynn 3. Bill Kuster 4. Leon "Stormy" Rottman 5. Linda Benzel 6. Ed Sardella 7. Gary Cruz 8. Mike Landess 9. Mike Nolan 10. Paula Woodward
More from our Media archive: "Paula Woodward opens up -- a little -- about her decision to leave 9News."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.