Yesterday on our Show and Tell blog, Jenn Wohletz offered up her picks for the five things people shouldn't wear in Denver when it's snowing, and it couldn't have been timelier given our latest spring snowstorm, which followed a brief warm-up. Last year at this time, we came up with our own list of the top ten fashion mistakes when a cold snap follows a heat wave, and it applies to this morning, too. Did someone in your office make one of these errors? Count down our top ten below.
10. Knit scarf, mittens and hat. Yes, they're cute, and they even look stylish in the middle of a blizzard. Which this isn't.
9. Summer dress. We know you just put away your winter clothes. But they're not so far back in the closet you can't get to them anymore, are they? Click to continue our Top Ten Fashion Mistakes When a Cold Snap Follows a Heat Wave countdown.
4. Ski gloves. Light gloves make sense today if you park outside and you've got to clear your windows. But you don't need gloves good to thirty degrees below zero when it's in the friggin' thirties.
7. Sandals. Some locals wear sandals all year long to prove that they're impervious to the elements. But those blue toes tend to give them away. Click to continue our Top Ten Fashion Mistakes When a Cold Snap Follows a Heat Wave countdown.
6. Down coat/furry hat. Note: This isn't Siberia.
5. Shorts. One word: shrinkage. Click to continue our Top Ten Fashion Mistakes When a Cold Snap Follows a Heat Wave countdown.
4. Knit face mask. When you overreact like this, locals instantly assume you moved to Colorado from Southern California about ten minutes ago.
3. Muscle T-shirt. Two words: visible nipples. Click to continue our Top Ten Fashion Mistakes When a Cold Snap Follows a Heat Wave countdown.
2. Halter top. You won't look nearly as sexy if you're shivering. And did we mention that visible nipples issue?
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. This. Okay, his outfit probably wouldn't work in any weather....
More from our Lists & Weirdness archive: "Bizarre classroom posters from the '70s, Part 3: Behold the roots of memes."