Reader: Here are some classes CU-Boulder liberals should attend
Last week, we responded to a regent's call for more conservative faculty members at CU-Boulder with a list of ten Westword-approved conservative classes, including courses to debunk global warming and learn how to fire Ward Churchill. A conservative reader responded with his own roster of classes that he feels would do liberals some good.
I'm going to introduce a liberal class to CU with the curricula to include:
1. How to ruin the country in 8 short years.
2. Social Democracy -- let's get everyone on the dole.
3. Liberal's failure in talk radio. Even liberals can't stand to listen to themselves whine.
4. Streisand, Cher and the geniuses of Hollywood.
5. Penn, Glover and the communists of Hollywood.
6. Let's vote ourselves more freebies.
7. How to be even more politically correct.
8. Are liberals really self-absorbed, self-righteous, arrogant elitists?
9. The politics of envy.
10. Is it really possible to be worse than Jimmy Carter.
For more memorable takes, visit our Comment of the Day archive.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Reader: Landlords Are Overcharging Marijuana Businesses Because They Can
Thu., Sep. 3, 7:00pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 7:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:30pm
- Remembering the Denver Wax Museum and Nine More Long-Gone Local Landmarks
- Dear Mexican: Was Jimi Hendrix Part Mexican?