Sticking it to the Man
Scottie Ewing is wondering why the city is taking so long to give final approval to a liquor license application he submitted for his new club, Sugar House, at 1395 West Alameda Avenue. Well, perhaps a list will help the former pro skier turned party promoter make sense of it.
1) His mysterious ties to the local escort industry.
2) He used to own an underground swingers club.
3) He never informed former landlords their building was being used for sex parties.
4) He sued old landlords when they evicted him.
5) Before losing that case, hemade a complaint that resulted in many art galleries in Denver going dry.
6) He vowed that Sugar House would not permit sex, but…
7) He installed beds on top floor of new upscale club.
At least he got rid of the proposed showers.
– Jared Jacang Maher
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Dear Stoner: Does Marijuana Help With Depression?
- Reader: Rental Homes Are in Awful Shape & Landlords Must Be Held Accountable
- AC/DC Still Has Big Balls