Ten Bible passages to heal you after loss by Tim Tebow and Broncos
Okay, you feel bad. No, you feel worse than bad. Five Tom Brady touchdown passes in the first half will do that to you. But just because the Patriots destroyed the Broncos 45-10 in tonight's playoff game is no reason to despair. Renew your faith the same way Tim Tebow is likely doing right now -- by leaning on the wisdom of the scriptures, represented by the following ten reassuring passages.
10. Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord, because they have called you an outcast....
9. 1 Peter 5:7 Casting the whole of your care on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
8. Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
7. Jeremiah 33:6 Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.
6. Psalm 46:1-3, 7 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride.
5. Isaiah 41:10 "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
4. Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved.
3. Deuteronomy 7:15 And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the evil diseases of Egypt, which you knew, will he inflict on you, but he will lay them on all who hate you.
2. Psalm 34:10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
1. John 13:7 Jesus replied, "You do not realise now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
Follow and like the Michael Roberts/Westword Facebook page.
More from our Sports archive: "Tim Tebow's 10 most motivational Bible verse recommendations & when to use them (PICS)."