The Rock knew early about bin Laden's death; hey, at least it wasn't Charlie Sheen
Last week, we got the news that Osama bin Laden had been killed and shortly thereafter, we learned that the news had leaked to a couple of people -- including actor/professional wrestler The Rock -- before the White House informed the press and public.
Today, the major news stations are reporting that several members of Congress will be allowed to see bin Laden's death pictures -- pictures that the Obama administration has already declined to release to the rest of the world. Why are certain politicians and celebrities given access to things that we are not?
Because that is the way the world works. But shouldn't we at least be allowed to pick which VIP's are granted these rights? For some reason, it was strangely comforting that of all the celebrities who could have found out early about issues important to national security, it was The Rock who did -- and tweeted about it.
I like The Rock. He is funny and charming. Imagine if it had been Tom Cruise...or T-Pain?
Just got word that will shock the world - Land of the free...home of the brave DAMN PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
In fact, here's a list of five superstars who I wouldn't mind having access to important knowledge before I do -- and a list of five stars who would really piss me off.
1) Tina Fey 2) Martin Sheen 3) Catherine Zeta-Jones 4) Singer Jack Johnson 5) Oprah
1) Basketball player Ron Artest 2) Charlie Sheen 3) Jesse James 4) Tyra Banks 5) Donald Trump
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- See Nuggets-Avs Owner Stan Kroenke's Latest Buy — a Ranch the Size of a Country
- Peyton Manning (Kinda) Threatens to Kick Jimmy Fallon's Ass on The Tonight Show
- 50 States Ranked by Excessive Drinking — and Colorado's Drinking Problem