Tim Tebow: He's better than Superman -- and a new hope like Luke Skywalker
Count TebowZone.com among the latter group. The site seduces folks to sign up (for free) with a list of the 51 reasons Tebow's better than Superman.
No, we're not going to share the whole thing. But here are some highlights:
1. Tim won a Heisman trophy
3. Tim has no fear
9. He's not afraid to cry in public
14. Tebow takes pictures with random people
27. Tim doesn't get DUIs
34. He's been to the White House several times
42. Tim is always willing to lend a helping hand
51. If you spend 5 minutes with Tim Tebow, you will be a better person
The site is also a font of Tebow news and appreciation -- although a newly posted video can be read in a puzzling variety of ways.
The clip kicks off with images from the first Star Wars movie -- specifically, shots of an attack on Luke Skywalker's Tatooine home superimposed with the words, "Denver is in ruin."
So far, so accurate. And the transition from the next phrase -- "A prophet states that there is a new hope" -- to footage of Tebow kicking ass in various drills makes perfect sense, too. But then, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen's voice is heard coming out of evil Emperor Palpatine. Huh? And the whole thing ends with Palpatine mewling "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen" prior to a mad cackle.
So... is Tebow the savior of the galaxy, or the seemingly benign tool of a dastardly madman? Judge for yourself below:
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Marijuana Strain Review: Keplar at Golden Meds
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:30pm
Sun., Sep. 6, 2:00pm
Fri., Sep. 11, 7:00pm
Sat., Sep. 12, 1:00pm
- Reader: Saying Someone is Ugly and Has Big Boobs Isn't Sexist
- Foodies Mourn the Death of Le Central