Top 10 things Denver should do to get greener on Earth Day 2010
They're only baby steps, but hopefully these ten small tokens of our appreciation for Mother Earth will add up to one slightly larger and biodegradable token.
10. Planting a tree and then neglecting it until it dies.
9. Recycling ideas at work.
8. Being one-upped by whatever stupid Boulder has planned.
Colorado Rockies vs. San Francisco Giants
TicketsMon., Sep. 4, 1:10pm
Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres
TicketsFri., Sep. 15, 6:40pm
Colorado Rockies vs. Miami Marlins
TicketsMon., Sep. 25, 6:40pm
Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
TicketsFri., Sep. 29, 6:10pm
Denver Outlaws / Major League Lacrosse All Star Game
TicketsSat., Dec. 29, 6:00pm
7. Going on a guided nature walk focused on how we can make little changes add up to a big difference. And by that we mean drinking outside and using one plastic cup for a wide variety of drinks
6. Carrying a single bike tire and helmet into the office while breathing heavily to create the illusion of having biked to work
5. Addressing both recycling and hunger by lining up 250 beer cans in a winding path that eventually leads to a sack of Double Downs.
4. Burying trash in our neighbors yard to compost.
3. Only buying fair-trade, organic Cheetos.
2. Enlisting all Denver squirrels into a crack team of litter collectors through nut incentives. Yes, tiny vests will be issued.
1. Buying smaller shoes to reduce carbon footprint.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Denver, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.