Top 6 names for Gaylord hotel (and National Western Stock Show neighbor?) in Aurora
Aurora is so eager to have Gaylord Entertainment build its giant convention center/hotel/resort there that it's pushing for a $300 million tax subsidy for the project -- but only if Gaylord doesn't use the word "Denver" in the name of the hotel. Other options?
Here's our top five runners-up:
6. Brown-Cloud Palace
5. Mile Hyatt Suburb
4. The Aurora Tauer
3. $800 Million Home on the Range
2. The Hotel a $60 Cab Ride Away From a Good Restaurant
Or, in honor of Gaylord's most famous property, the Grand Ole Opry, as well as its interest in getting the National Western Stock Show to move next door to the hotel, here's my pick:
1. Grand Ole Horse Opry.
Add your own nominations below!
More from our Calhoun: Wake-Up Call archive: "National Western Stock Show subject of a range war between Denver and Aurora."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
- Reader: Saying Someone is Ugly and Has Big Boobs Isn't Sexist
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:30pm
Sun., Sep. 6, 2:00pm
- Foodies Mourn the Death of Le Central
- Have You Seen Charles Porter III, Wanted for Dwayne Banks's Murder?