Top 6 names for Gaylord hotel (and National Western Stock Show neighbor?) in Aurora
Aurora is so eager to have Gaylord Entertainment build its giant convention center/hotel/resort there that it's pushing for a $300 million tax subsidy for the project -- but only if Gaylord doesn't use the word "Denver" in the name of the hotel. Other options?
Here's our top five runners-up:
6. Brown-Cloud Palace
5. Mile Hyatt Suburb
4. The Aurora Tauer
3. $800 Million Home on the Range
2. The Hotel a $60 Cab Ride Away From a Good Restaurant
Or, in honor of Gaylord's most famous property, the Grand Ole Opry, as well as its interest in getting the National Western Stock Show to move next door to the hotel, here's my pick:
1. Grand Ole Horse Opry.
Add your own nominations below!
More from our Calhoun: Wake-Up Call archive: "National Western Stock Show subject of a range war between Denver and Aurora."
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Reader: I Am All for Marijuana Legalization, But Consumers Must Obey Law
Wed., Dec. 9, 7:00pm
Wed., Dec. 9, 8:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 7:35pm
- South Park Reference Gets Colorado Students Suspended in Latest...
- Prefer to Shop Local? Here Are Ten Spots to Try Saturday in Denver