Top graduation gifts include... private DJ lessons?
The University of Colorado at Boulder's commencement ceremony took place on Saturday, where grads laughed in the face of swine-flu fears with a little help from Purell. But the folks at Boulder's Cloud 9 Living, which specializes in "world-class experience gifts," know that plenty of other schools will be sending matriculators off into an uncertain world in the coming days and weeks -- hence its list of suggested presents "Grandma Can Look Cool Giving." Here's their top ten:
1. Indoor Skydiving ($70)
2. Scuba Diving Lesson ($50)
3. Surfing Lessons ($100)
4. Segway Tour ($90)
5. Stock Car Ride Along ($119)
6. Scenic Glider Ride ($100)
7. Indoor Rock Climbing ($90)
8. Private DJ Lessons ($135)
9. Tandem Paragliding ($100)
10. Wine Tasting & Goblet Making ($90)
By coincidence, these items also turn up on the "How to Tell When Grandma Is Trying Too Hard To Be Hip" list. My best guess: Your grad would most appreciate cash. Of the cold, hard variety.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Reader: Bars Will Lose a Ton on Drink Sales If They Let People Smoke Weed
- Thirty Mind-Blowing Murals at the Heart of Project Colfax
- The Mexican Says Adiós to Denver