Top ten celebrity tweets about Balloon Boy
Simon Pegg's advice for Falcon: Escape! Escape!
The Twitterspere absolutely exploded yesterday with commentary about accidental-whistle-blowing, Today-show-vomiting Balloon Boy Falcon Heene, with celebrities among the countless thousands exercising their fingers on the topic both before and after the lad tottered out of the attic and onto the nation's pop-culture pantheon. Of course, the after-tweets are funniest, as you'll see from our top ten list below. Hear from John Mayer, Diablo Cody, Josh Groban, Ryan Seacrest, Perez Hilton, actress Holly Robinson Peete, comedian Neil Hamburger, Blink-182's Mark Hoppus, Good Charlotte member/Nicole Ritchie squeeze Joel Madden and Shaun of the Dead auteur Simon Pegg, who's got a tip for young Falcon: Fly away! As fast as you can!
10. Ryan Seacrest, http://twitter.com/RyanSeacresT
Balloon down on ground! doesn't look like there's a litttle boy inside...confusing
9. Perez Hilton, http://twitter.com/PEREZHILTON
Got the video!!! #BalloonBoy admits he "did this for the show" http://bit.ly/1YKyDH Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. Joel Madden, http://twitter.com/JoelMAdden
thanks god the little dude is ok. I would have been hiding too if i let nicoles big hot air weather balloon go too
7. Josh Groban, http://twitter.com/joshgroban
Oh you people are sick. No the balloon boy was not listening to "You Raise Me Up" on his Ipod. Gahahaha
6. Holly Robinson Peete, http://twitter.com/hollyrpeete
only got a handful of spankings as young girl bt I remember alla them vividly---that balloon boy family aint the whoopin type obviously
5. Mark Hoppus, http://twitter.com/MARKhoppus
i feel bad for that kid. what's he goina get teased about more? the balloon thing or the fact that his dad was on a show called "wife swap?"
4. Diablo Cody, http://twitter.com/diablocody
When balloons and "hiding" intersect in my life, there's usually pills involved. #Rectum
3. John Mayer, http://twitter.com/JOHNcmayer
This unfortunate media display involving balloon boy undermines the hundreds of boys and girls actually lost to balloon flight every year.
2. Neil Hamburger, http://twitter.com/Neil_Hamburger
Can you die from having a gigantic Mylar balloon, and your 6-year old son, shoved up your ass?
1. Simon Pegg, http://twitter.com/simonpegg
After seeing footage of Richard Heene on Wife Swap. I advise Falcon build another balloon and get the fuck outta there.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Reader: Bars Will Lose a Ton on Drink Sales If They Let People Smoke Weed
- Thirty Mind-Blowing Murals at the Heart of Project Colfax
- The Mexican Says Adiós to Denver