Top ten tweets about Osama bin Laden's death
#OMG, they killed #OBL. And finally, tonight, Gary Faulkner can sleep soundly, Samurai swords safely sheathed.
We heard "Bin Laden is dead" about 500 times from Wolf Blitzer in about thirty minutes, listened as Geraldo tried to articulate his joy at the death of Usama [sic] bin Laden. But the real entertainment came, as always, from Twitter.
There, gems like the image above were spotted and shared across the interwebs. From the famous to nobodys, here are the ten best tweets about the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden as it was breaking.
10. Brian Griffin
9. Osama Bin Laden
8. Jimmy Fallon
7. This guy, "OBrian Music": Likely a retweet, who can help us name the original writer?
6. Ryan Agordon: Nice find. We're not sure if this is legit though.
5. Jesus: As always, Jesus is way too obvious.
4. Dana Loesch: Conservative talker Dana Loesch has a good point.
3. Funny or Die
2. Charles M. Blow: Kind of a gross job for those journalists.
1. Slashleen: No comment.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Photos: The Ten Most Stolen Cars in Colorado
Fri., Sep. 4, 7:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:30pm
- Cop Kills Man at Pizza Ranch Restaurant After He Grabs Customer
- Marijuana May Cause Decreased Sperm Counts, New Study Finds