Top ten tweets about Osama bin Laden's death
#OMG, they killed #OBL. And finally, tonight, Gary Faulkner can sleep soundly, Samurai swords safely sheathed.
We heard "Bin Laden is dead" about 500 times from Wolf Blitzer in about thirty minutes, listened as Geraldo tried to articulate his joy at the death of Usama [sic] bin Laden. But the real entertainment came, as always, from Twitter.
There, gems like the image above were spotted and shared across the interwebs. From the famous to nobodys, here are the ten best tweets about the news of the death of Osama Bin Laden as it was breaking.
BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump demands Osama Bin Laden's death certificate.
10. Brian Griffin
Just got off the phone with my boy 2Pac. Some great tips for faking your own death. I didn't even think about leaving clues in rap albums!
9. Osama Bin Laden
Got Bin Laden AND interrupted Celebrity Apprentice? Win for Obama all around.
8. Jimmy Fallon
RIP Osama Bin Laden... Hide and Seek Champion 2001-2010
7. This guy, "OBrian Music" : Likely a retweet, who can help us name the original writer?
Epic Fox News typo on Osama Bin Laden death http://t.co/eII08rE" lol
6. Ryan Agordon : Nice find. We're not sure if this is legit though.
Sorry, you're at the wrong gate, Osama.
5. Jesus : As always, Jesus is way too obvious.
Through all of this I keep thinking that the next episode of South Park is going to be awesome. #americafyeah
4. Dana Loesch : Conservative talker Dana Loesch has a good point.
In his last attack on the world, Osama blew up all of our twitter feeds.
3. Funny or Die
2. Charles M. Blow : Kind of a gross job for those journalists.
I'd be scared if I was Michelle Obama's pussy right now.
1. Slashleen : No comment.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Aurora Theater Shooting Jury: Death Penalty Still on the Table
- Fredy Castilla and Pals Allegedly Drove From Nebraska to CO for Violent Pot Heist
- Reader: Real Coloradans Don't Use the N-Word