Twelve Colorado New Year's Resolutions From a California Transplant
I keep hearing about these "hut trips"
Courtesy Colorado Ski Country USA
Earlier this week, I published an essay about moving to Denver from Los Angeles in my four-cylinder Kia Rio, and how I adapted to a new life as a transplant. My first year in Denver was filled with important lessons and discoveries, but I still have a ways to go before I’ll feel completely settled in Colorado. To help get there, I’ve compiled a list of New Year's resolutions and Colorado bucket-list items for 2016. Perhaps they'll resonate among some of the other 100,986 people who moved to Colorado in the past twelve months.
1. Sell the Kia Rio and get a Subaru.
2. Learn more John Denver lyrics. I’ve been told I’m seriously lacking in this area.
3. Hit every dive bar on Colfax.
Den-Mex Fried Tacos..Yum?
4. Try out fried tacos, which I hear are a Denver creation.
5. Force myself to adapt to Colorado lingo, like saying “pop” instead of “soda,” and “sack” instead of “bag.”Next Page
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Westword's biggest stories.