Murders, forgers, tax evaders. They're all scumbags to varying degrees, but none is as scummy as the sex offender. And while you'd never know if you had a multiple murderer living next to you, sex offenders have to register.
A lot of them don't, which has a lot to do with the U.S. Marshall's Top 100 Sex Offender's sweep. Here are their top ten most wanted:
1. Laurence Wayne Lloyd (above) Crime: 2nd degree child molestation
The El Paso County Sherriff's office has been looking for Lloyd since he failed to register as a sex offender.
2. Jeffrey Paul Pederson Crime: First degree sexual abuse of a child Like Lloyd, Pederson failed to register -- both in Colorado and in Oregon, where he was also convicted for sexual assault on a child -- and he's wanted on a probation violation as well.
3. David Herrera Perez Crime: Sex assault on a child Perez got booked with 33 counts of sex assault on a child, and then just didn't go to court. Now he's wanted.
4. John Kenneth Witt Crime: Third degree sex assault by one in a position of trust. Take a look at the mug shot: Would you trust this guy? Well, don't. Witt made it to the list when he failed to register.
5. Cory Donell Biggs Crime: Sexual assault on a child The El Paso County Sherriff's Office has been looking for Biggs since he failed to register. Are we picking up a theme, here? Sex offenders, just register.
6. Dominic Carlos Tostado Crime: Sex assault on a child You may have thought you spotted the only female offender on this list. You were wrong. Tostado is a man, and he's wanted for failing to register.
7. Arturo Delarosa Crime: Aggravated sexual assault on a child Delarosa is wanted for failing to register both here and in Texas, for violating his parole, and for failing to appear on a traffic warrant, in case the first two weren't enough.
8. Luis Alberto Arellano Crime: Sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust Arellano didn't register as a sex offender, and he failed to comply with the terms of his parole. Book 'em, boys.
9. Jesus E. Lobo Crime: Attempted sexual assault on a child Lobo's in the same boat as Arellano. Note the top collar button buttoned. That's how Lobo makes you think he's trustworthy. He obviously isn't.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
10. Christopher G. Crets Crime: First degree sexual assault -- physical force
Crets is wanted for failing to appear on a number of charges: forgery, dangerous drugs, burglary, for example. But he makes this list because -- you guessed it -- he failed to register.
The Marshall's office wants your help. If you recognize any of these guys, call the Crimestoppers Hotline at 800-222-8477.