U.S. Marshall's sex-offender sweep: The top 10
Murders, forgers, tax evaders. They're all scumbags to varying degrees, but none is as scummy as the sex offender. And while you'd never know if you had a multiple murderer living next to you, sex offenders have to register.
A lot of them don't, which has a lot to do with the U.S. Marshall's Top 100 Sex Offender's sweep. Here are their top ten most wanted:
1. Laurence Wayne Lloyd (above) Crime: 2nd degree child molestation
2. Jeffrey Paul Pederson Crime: First degree sexual abuse of a child Like Lloyd, Pederson failed to register -- both in Colorado and in Oregon, where he was also convicted for sexual assault on a child -- and he's wanted on a probation violation as well.
4. John Kenneth Witt Crime: Third degree sex assault by one in a position of trust. Take a look at the mug shot: Would you trust this guy? Well, don't. Witt made it to the list when he failed to register.
5. Cory Donell Biggs Crime: Sexual assault on a child The El Paso County Sherriff's Office has been looking for Biggs since he failed to register. Are we picking up a theme, here? Sex offenders, just register.
6. Dominic Carlos Tostado Crime: Sex assault on a child You may have thought you spotted the only female offender on this list. You were wrong. Tostado is a man, and he's wanted for failing to register.
7. Arturo Delarosa Crime: Aggravated sexual assault on a child Delarosa is wanted for failing to register both here and in Texas, for violating his parole, and for failing to appear on a traffic warrant, in case the first two weren't enough.
8. Luis Alberto Arellano Crime: Sexual assault on a child by one in a position of trust Arellano didn't register as a sex offender, and he failed to comply with the terms of his parole. Book 'em, boys.
9. Jesus E. Lobo Crime: Attempted sexual assault on a child Lobo's in the same boat as Arellano. Note the top collar button buttoned. That's how Lobo makes you think he's trustworthy. He obviously isn't.
10. Christopher G. Crets Crime: First degree sexual assault -- physical force
Crets is wanted for failing to appear on a number of charges: forgery, dangerous drugs, burglary, for example. But he makes this list because -- you guessed it -- he failed to register.
The Marshall's office wants your help. If you recognize any of these guys, call the Crimestoppers Hotline at 800-222-8477.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Westword's biggest stories.