World Cup: Ten things soccer moms need to know
World Cup soccer is a little different from your kid's rec league team. Here are a few of the things soccer moms (and dads) need to know.
10) Team moms not responsible for halftime snacks
9) Coach may not tie players' shoes on the field
8) Goalie stays in for the entire game
7) Refs actually call handballs
6) No pennys
5) No victory bridge after the game
4) Injured players can't sit in mommy's lap
3) Awkward player doesn't get extra "attaboys!"
2) Beach chairs not allowed
1) Losers don't get trophies
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Westword's biggest stories.
- Big Pot Grow in Routt National Forest an Environmental Hazard, Feds Say
Fri., Sep. 4, 7:00pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:00am
Sat., Sep. 5, 12:30pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:30pm
- Reader: Denver Is Safe Because Cops Will Crack Your F*cking Skull
- Saying Goodbye to 8 Denver-Area Restaurants, Hello to 21 New Ones