It ain't easy being a shmuck. Not as mean as an asshole, not as ignorant as a shithead, a shmuck takes idiocy to an epic level, a moron whose fall from grace has far-reaching repercussions. We've been celebrating weekly shmucks for a long, long time -- but to be named one of Colorado's top 10 ... More >>
Only in the Bizarro World of Fox News would Michael Karolchyk -- the tax-dodging misogynist behind the Anti-Gym -- qualify as a reliable expert on anything, let alone the president's pick for a new surgeon general.
But the cable-news channel went ahead and invited him anyway, so he could do exact ... More >>
Neil Cavuto quizzes Michael Karolchyk earlier this month.
Entrepreneur Michael Karolchyk's Anti-Gym, a fitness center he promoted via willfully offensive ads (get details in our 2008 profile, "No Chubbies? Fat Chance"), was shuttered earlier this year by the IRS -- but that hasn't stopped Mr. K fro ... More >>
Today in Cafe Society:
• ESPN ZONE turns off the scoreboard, blames economy.
• Tonight: A symphony of food and wine at Opus.
• Milking It: All-Bran Yogurt Bites.
• Bad weekend for barbecue at Big Hoss, Q Worldly Barbecue.
• Bye-bye, Brandon's.
• Arriv ... More >>
Greetings and salutations.
Today in Backbeat Online:
• Oakhurst on tour and in need of veggie oil.
• Ghost Buffalo gets robbed. May the burglars burn in hell.
• Everything Absent or Distorted (a love story) makes top 20 adds on CMJ.
• Van Morrison revisits perhaps his finest hour ... More >>
The January 2008 Message column "No Chubbies? Fat Chance" spotlighted Michael Karolchyk (pictured), owner of the Anti-Gym, a workout joint that used tough hate, as opposed to tough love, to get customers to drop pounds. Sample technique: tossing cupcakes at so-called "chubbies" allegedly not worki ... More >>
Usually when someone wants to commit armed robbery, he'll bring along a weapon that combines stealth, convenience and anonymity -- a small gun, for instance. Not so one enterprising Colorado Springs man, who this week brazenly robbed one area 7-Eleven store (and tried to knock over a second) armed ... More >>