We just heard that tonight's LoDo Bites is sold out -- bad news for procrastinators, great news for the LoDo District, which is putting on the event. It also says a lot about how far this part of town has come from the days when the Wazee Supper Club was your only late-night option in downtown (and it's still a good one).
But while you may not be able to join in the fun at LoDo Bites, you can still get a taste of LoDo's restaurant history by taking the quiz that follows:
1. Jax Fish House now occupies the former home of the Terminal Bar, which briefly had another identity in the '80s. What was it?
2. What singer/songwriter memorialized the Terminal Bar? In what song?
3. What LoDo restaurant had a telephone theme?
4. Name the hipster hangout that opened on Blake Street in 1985.
5. What was the fine-dining restaurant that opened on Market Street and really put LoDo on the map in the early '80s?
6. Name all the restaurants that have had 1700 Wynkoop Street as an address.
7. What challenge did builders face when first turning 1700 Wynkoop Street into a restaurant?
8. What annual event at the Wynkoop Brewing Co. inspired the wrath of animal lovers?
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
9. In the late '70s, the Sage Room of the Oxford Hotel was what kind of restaurant?
10. What color were the original lights in the Cruise Room?
post your answers -- and pose your own questions -- below.