Bonnie Brae Tavern turns eighty, T-Wa closes: A second helping of Cafe Society June 2-6
Chai & Chai has a split personality, with Indian and Arabian food.
This week in Cafe Society, Gretchen Kurtz reviewed Chai & Chai in Aurora, an inconsistent but still intriguing dual-identity restaurant. For Chef and Tell, Lori Midson talked with Jeff Jones, the chef at P17, which Mary Nguyen opened in what had been the home of Parallel 17. And Mark Antonation started his Ethniche exploration of Ethiopian food with a visit to Queen of Sheba. See also: Wott's happening at the Queen of Sheba on Colfax
Also this week, in celebration of National Doughnut Day, we counted down the top ten doughnuts in Denver. And since summer is in full gear everywhere but on the calendar, we also highlighted ten food trucks that are ideal for an outdoor meal. And finally, we said happy birthday to Bonnie Brae Tavern, which turns eighty today.
Fork & Spoon
OPENING THIS WEEK*: Cecil's Cantina, 1050 West Evans Avenue Denver Pearl Brewery, 1875 South Pearl Street Fork & Spoon, 341 East Colfax Lyfe Kitchen, 8505 Park Meadows Center Drive, Lone Tree Nuggs Ice Cream Parlor, 5135 East Colfax Avenue Potbelly Sandwich Shop, 2720 South Colorado Boulevard
* Or earlier, and not included in a previous Second Helping.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...