Best burgers, best pizzas, best new restaurants (and best restaurant patios), plus a gallery of miniature football stadiums made of meat, a guide on how to survive Casa Bonita and a few ranty lists on what servers (or diners) do to piss off each other in restaurants. Yes, it's our top ten, most-read posts on Cafe Society in 2012. If you've lost count, we published 1,574 (give or take a few) posts between January 1 and June 30.
Here are the ten most popular according to Google Analytics, our bean-counting software. (Oh, and once you've read our list, get outside and enjoy the activities in our Fourth of July Denver events guide -- we're taking the day off.)
Just half of a tall floral cake by Ron Ben-Israel.
10. Ron Ben-Israel dishes on his career, weddings and tomorrow's Park Meadows appearance Wedding cake genius Ron Ben-Israel dishes on designing wedding cakes, what the wedding industry is really like and what he imagines his own wedding cake will be when that happy day arrives.
9. Our ten best pizzas in Denver (and Boulder) Including Virgilio's Pizza (pictured), which took the sixth spot on Lori Midson's top ten list.
8. Denver's ten best restaurant patios Including Ale House at Amato's (pictured), one of our ten favorite places to kick back al fresco style.
7. Denver's ten best new restaurants We've included a photo of No. 1 above. Can you guess where it is?
"If you pronounce the name of this drink wrong, I'm going to correct you in front of your date."
6. Ten rudest things servers and bartenders do to guests to make them wish they'd never come in By bartender and occasional bar blogger Sean Kenyon, this is a companion piece to Lori Midson's list, which is in the top five.
5. Denver's ten best burgers Published in November 2011, this post lived on...and on...and on in 2012. (Look for an updated version soon!)
4. Ten rudest things customers do to make servers wish you'd never come to their restaurants You get the idea. Read on for Lori Midson's top ten things to avoid as a restaurant diner, based on our Cafe Society editor's life of eating out.
3. How to survive Casa Bonita, the world's weirdest Mexican restaurant An evergreen guide by erstwhile Westword writer Joel Warner that lays out the pitfalls and glorious enchantments of Casa Bonita.
2. Photos: Six dazzling Super Bowl meat stadiums Not local, just meaty.
1. Our homepage. More than any single post, our readers surf the homepage the most. Thanks y'all.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!