Celebrate St. Patrick's Day 2014 with these ten culinary events
St. Patrick's Day is almost upon us, and since the holiday falls on a Monday this year, it means a whole weekend's worth of celebrations. Whether you want to down some pints of Guinness or explore Irish cuisine and culture with your family, there are plenty of options. Here are ten great food and drink centered events to celebrate the holiday. (How are you celebrating? Let us know in the comments section below.)
1. LoHi Irish Festival LoHi's Inaugural Irish Festival will be held this Saturday, celebrating all things Irish in a lead-up to St. Patrick's Day. There will be food, drinks, dancing, games and more for the whole family. The festival will take place at Churchill's Public House, 1560 Boulder Street and tickets are $10. Kids under 12 get in free.
2. St. Patrick's Day weekend at Fainting Goat The Fainting Goat Pub is hosting a whole weekend of fun and drink specials to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. The pub will be open from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday with $6 Guinness Imperial Pints, $4 Harp, Smithwicks, Jameson, & Car Bombs. The festivities will also feature food specials and music performances. A full list of events can be found here.
3. St. Patrick's Day Celebration at Fado Irish Pub From Saturday through Monday this LoDo Irish Pub will turn into a big St. Patrick's Day festival. With a huge beer garden, drink and food specials and more this will be a St. Patrick's Day to remember (or drunkenly forget) at Fado Irish Pub. Tickets, $15 for single day, $20 for a two-day pass, can be purchased here.
4. The Irish Snug At the Irish Snug, Capital Hill's resident pub, you can enjoy both a traditional and modern celebration of St. Patrick's Day. On Sunday the pub will be hosting their weekly Irish brunch, and on Monday, it's time to party with dancers, music and more.
5. Katie Mullen's Irish Pub and Restaurant Katie Mullen's Irish Pub and Restaurant, inside the Sheraton on the 16th Street Mall is celebrating St. Patricks day with drink and food specials as well as giveaways such as an iPod mini, a reserved table, concert tickets and more.
6. ShamRocks at Curtis Doubletree ($45-$55) All you can eat and all you can drink at this event at the Curtis Doubletree. From noon until 5 p.m. Saturday, March 15, get on your grub and Guinness at this St. Paddy's Day party. Pre-sale tickets are $45 and can be purchased here.
7. Conor O'Neils If you'd rather spend St. Patrick's Day weekend in Boulder than Denver, there is no better place to celebrate than Conor O'Neils. They will be having events throughout the weekend including a parade, dancing, live music and of course some great food and drink specials. Stop by, toast a pint of Guinness to the map of Ireland on the ceiling and celebrate St. Patrick's Day Boulder-style.
8. Former Future St. Patrick's Day dinner Starting at 5 p.m. on St. Patrick's Day, Former Future brewing will be hosting a Beer Dinner. Enjoy a four course Irish dinner featuring irish lamb stew, braised corn beef and more along with some beer pairings from Former Future. Tickets can be purchased here and are $50 per person.
9. St. Patrick's Day Celebration at Big Choice Brewing Corn Beef, Cabbage and plenty of local beers can be found in Broomfield at Big Choice Brewery. Staring at 4 p.m. on St. Patrick's day you can enjoy a plate of Irish food along with some great drinks. Plates cost $8 to $10 and will be served until they're gone.
10. St. Patrick's Day Festival in Olde Town Arvada Saturday, head to Arvada for a festival that is perfect for the whole family. Featuring beers, plenty of food and other events, this is a great family-friendly option for taking in the holiday. The festival runs from noon to 6 p.m. and entry is free, with drink tickets available for purchase inside the festival.
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.