Tickets are going fast for EatDenver's Harvest Week, the local, independent restaurant organization's annual celebration of Colorado produce, livestock and products, including wine, beer and spirits.
This year's tribute to the state's bumper crop of foodstuffs will feature a series of multi-course pop-up meals, paired with liquid assets, created by chefs from some of the city's best restaurants, including Encore on Colfax, ChoLon, Vesta Dipping Grill, Duo, Elway's Cherry Creek, Root Down, Linger and Row 14. "Harvest Week is an opportunity for Denver's independent restaurants to give thanks to our local farmers, distillers and winemakers and to share with our customers the amazing products Colorado has to offer," says Elizabeth Woessner, interim executive director of EatDenver.
The pop-up meals, all of which will take place between October 9 and 13 at the GrowHaus, an urban farm and marketplace, will spotlight specific Colorado-raised proteins: beef, pork, lamb and bison. You can win two seats to one of the four dinners or brunch by participating in our contest.
Paul Reilly, chef/owner of Encore on Colfax, is cooking at the lamb-themed dinner -- specifically an Ewe Bet Ranch box-roasted whole lamb. Here's what we want to know: How many pounds does that whole lamb weigh?
The person who comes closest to the correct answer without going over will win two seats to the dinner or brunch of their choice during Harvest Week. When posting your guesses in the comments below, please include at least your first name and a valid e-mail address. We'll post the winner next Wednesday, October 6.
In the meantime, we're spotlighting the menus from Harvest Week, beginning with the brunch on Sunday, October 9, which includes courses from Steuben's, Snooze, Happy Cakes, D Bar Desserts and the Fort.
And even if you don't win our contest, we highly encourage you to purchase tickets (each event only accommodates fifty people), which are $50 per person, a killer deal, considering that the majority of Colorado's farm dinners (think Meadowlark Farms!) often cost double that.
Sunday, October 9: Brunch Menu
- Butterscotch-bacon sticky buns and corn; green chile scones with lime-cilantro sour cream drizzle; baked pear doughnut; and Chinese five-spice apple muffin. - Zucchini and goat cheese fritter with chile-rubbed bacon, tomato peach chutney and a Niman Ranch poached egg. - Smoked trout with poached quail eggs and rye bread crumbs and mustard. - Colorado short rib hash with queso fresco, three-chile crepe, "Dixon" red chile and micro cilantro. - Oven-roasted white chocolate dessert panini with caramelized apples and cinnamon ice cream.
Monday, October 10 6 p.m. dinner Pork theme Vesta Dipping Grill, Jonesy's, Black Pearl, Row 14, Barolo Grill and H Burger
- Charcuterie: porchetta, lonza, headcheese, soppressata, Fruition Farms pecora, Mou Co Colorouge, pickles, toast and bay leaf honey - Blood sausage, tasso and Great Divide I.P.A brat with cherry, peach and bourbon mustards, cabbage, white sauerkraut, red pickled napa slaw and pretzel buns - Roasted 6 L farms pig with fatback pinto beans, adobo rice and Pueblo green chile - Manteca chocolate pot de crème with bacon anglaise and balsamic pig trotter ice cream
Tuesday, October 11 6 p.m. dinner Lamb theme Encore on Colfax, Duo, Second Home, ChoLon, Locanda del Borgo and Vine Street
- Spiced lamb satay with a cilantro-mint yogurt - Goat cheese fazzoletti with lamb ragu - Ewe Bet Ranch box-roasted whole lamb served with family-style sides and sauces - Chocolate lamb suet cake with chantilly cream
Wednesday, October 126 p.m. dinner Beef theme Elway's Cherry Creek, Olivéa, Marco's Coal Fired Pizza, Rialto Cafe, El Diablo and Bistro Vendome
- Marco's meatball lasagna - Almond-breaded sweetbreads, preserved Colorado peaches and micro salad - Grilled steak and potato chile relleno with queso Chihuahua - Braised beef short rib enchiladas with pipián rojo - Tongue-and-cheek pho with traditional garnishes - Stir-fry tri tip with kimchi - Terrine of braised beef tongue with mostarda di fruitti
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Thursday, October 13 6 p.m. dinner Bison theme Root Down, Linger, Avenue Grill, Corner Office, Hideaway Steakhouse, Restaurant 1515, Biker Jim's
- Bison liver mousse with an Olathe corn fritter, Jackelope gin and tonic peach marmalade and Oogie's popcorn - Soup and a sandwich: open-face bison pastrami croque madame, with Rocky Mountain cola caramelized shallots, Avalanche goat cheddar and a fried quail egg served with heirloom tomato bisque and bison jerky - Lengua taco with smoked mezcal guacamole, Noosa yogurt crema and wild mushrooms - Chicken-fried skirt steak with bison sausage gravy, White Mountain potato-celeriac puree and foraged greens - Braised bison short rib ravioli with buffalo milk mozzarella, bison bacon, pickled pumpkin relish and James Ranch Belford brodo - Buffalo milk ice cream sandwich with Colorado quinoa gingerbread and Left Hand Brewing Company milk stout gastrique