Once a year, an entire day is set aside to stop and appreciate Nutella. And today, February 5, is that day. This is the fifth annual celebration of World Nutella Day, which means it's time to celebrate this fabulous, chocolate-hazelnut spread. Whether you're a Nutella aficionado or a Nutella newbie, here are five restaurants with an addictive Nutella-related dish.
5) Crepes 'n Crepes If you haven't eaten at Crepes 'n Crepes yet, you are missing out. The possibilities are endless when it comes to filling and topping your crepe, with possible ingredients ranging from spinach and feta to sweet cream cheese. But in honor of World Nutella Day, Nutella is an absolute must. Complement your Nutella-drizzled crepe with strawberries, bananas or ice cream, but no matter what concoction you come up with, Nutella will steal the show. Bon appétit!
4) Tee & Cakes This Boulder-based bakery is living the sweet life, baking everything from cupcakes to donuts to wedding cakes on a rotating menu. Tee & Cakes is located on the Pearl Street Mall, so head over there today, drool over the bakery case and then order the Nutella cupcake. The fluffy white cake is topped with rich, Nutella chocolate butter- cream frosting and finished with chocolate sprinkles.
3) H Burger There is an unwritten rule that you cannot have a burger and fries without pairing your meal with a shake. At H Burger, milkshakes are chilled with liquid nitrogen, taking them a whole new level of creaminess. And deliciousness, if you're ordering the Nutella marshmallow version -- a decadent, chocolate-hazelnut shake topped with tiny toasted marshmallows.
2) Marco's Coal Fired Pizza Looking for a unique way to eat Nutella? Look no further than Marco's Coal Fired Pizza, which has created a dessert pizza that is out of this world. Creamy Nutella melts into Marco's signature warm crust, which is then dusted with powdered sugar. No matter how full you are, you cannot leave Marco's without indulging in this famous dessert pizza. It's a genius combination!
1) Central Bar & Bistro At Central Bar & Bistro, food is the central focus. Both the dinner and Sunday brunch menus are full of outstanding dishes that put a modern twist on comfort food. But be sure to end your meal with a dessert that you'll swoon over: the Nutella Waffle. This sweet creation puts bananas and a butterscotch-rum sauce on top a fluffy, golden waffle in a variation on bananas Foster that also carries a hint of Nutella. Waffles are not just for breakfast any more!
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!