Five ways to taste Cinco de Mayo this weekend
A scene from last year's Civic Center Park fiesta.
Happy Friday! Don't drink too much at First Friday, because Cinco de Mayo is this Sunday. Here are five of the top food and drink celebrations going down around town -- and if you know of any other good Drinco de Mayo party/deals, post them in the comments section below.
5) Lola Picnic of the Pig Lola, at 1575 Boulder Street, is hosting its fifth annual Picnic of Pig -- a "porcine throw-down" featuring pork-inspired eats from Drew Hardin of Lola, Brandon Foster of Vesta Dipping Grill and Amos Watts of Jax Fish House. There will be live music from 2:30 to 10 p.m., a pig roast starting at 4 p.m. and drink specials all day on Sunday, May 5. Call the restaurant at 720-570-8686 to learn more.
4) Cantina Cantina, which just opened 1109 Lincoln Street, is throwing a two-day fiesta featuring food and drink specials, free drink promotions, music and more. The party begins tomorrow and runs through Sunday. The restaurant's phone number hasn't been connected yet, but patrons can visit the Facebook page for more information.
3) Central Bistro & Bar The restaurant at 1691 Central Street is offering a Mexican-inspired Sunday brunch on May 5 in honor of the holiday. There will be specials on food and drinks from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 303-477-4582 for more information.
2) Rio Grande Restaurant The entire Rio chain celebrates on May 5, but the Rio Grande at 1525 Blake Street will definitely be hopping on Sunday, when the restaurant will offering $2 Cuervo shots, $5 Patron shots, door prizes and more. Call the Rio at 303-623-5432 to learn more.
1) Cinco de Mayo at Civic Center The 26th Annual Cinco de Mayo Festival at Civic Center Park, Broadway and Colfax Avenue, is a weekend-long festival celebrating Mexican culture, with music, food and the sixth annual Green Chili Bowl Cook-Off on Saturday. Festivities run from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and admission is free; visit the website for the full schedule of events.
For information on dozens of culinary events around town, visit our online Food & Drink listings -- and if you have information for a culinary event you'd like included in our online calendar, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...