Food & Wine magazine names Williams & Graham one of the Top 10 Best New Bars in the U.S.
Barman Sean Kenyon, who occasionally pens a booze-centric column for Westword but spends the majority of his time designing -- and pouring -- innovative cocktails at the Squeaky Bean and Williams & Graham, received a major kiss-up shout-out in Food & Wine magazine, which just released its list of the Top 10 Best New Bars in the U.S.
- Foodography and a first look: Williams & Graham - Bartender Sean Kenyon has a few words of advice for his peers: shield the armpits! - Liquid porn: Sean Kenyon showcases his new Squeaky Bean cocktails - Bartending superstar Jim Meehan descends upon the Mile High City next week
The glossy food pub, renowned for its annual round-ups of the best food- and wine-related trends in the country, relied on equally renowned mixologist Jim Meehan, who owns PDT, a speakeasy in New York City, to choose his favorite bar newcomers in the country, and Williams & Graham, the sultry speakeasy in Highland, received warm and fuzzy accolades -- and it's clear that Meehan, who visited Denver in April, believes what those of us who live here already know: Kenyon is a world-class bartender.
Here's what Meehan had to say:
Sean Kenyon is just killing it," Meehan says approvingly. "And he's successfully figured out the hidden entrance scenario." To enter Williams & Graham, drinkers walk through a faux bookstore and past a bookcase into the dark, sexy space. Cocktails include the regionally appropriate Smoky Mountain (a mix of local honey vodka and mezcal).
Nice work, Kenyon.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...