Skewered meat: that most dangerous of foodstuffs. But at this restaurant, it's absolutely worth the risk of losing an eye or getting into a tableside sword fight with your dining companion in order to get your mitts on the chicken kabobs, the schwarma, the hummus.
Can you guess where I'm eating? Some clues:
1) It isn't exactly close to downtown Denver.
2) It isn't as far as I've ever gone for a taste of one particular dish done better outside of town than it is in the city.
3) I once gave the place shit for the fakeness of its dining room decor, but now love it for its comfort and sense of alien beauty.
4) No, it's not Beatrice & Woodsley.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
5) It's located in a strip mall where you can sample the cuisines of at least five different regions within a hundred yards.
Think you know where I'm eating? You know the drill: Make your guess in a comment below.
Special bonus: Every Friday, anyone who gave the first correct answer to any of the week's Where am I drinking/eating posts will be entered in a pool -- and we'll pull out one lucky winner who'll receive a DINR deck, worth up to $520 in discounts at independent restaurants. Read all about DINR decks here.