No one's saying you have to go meatless just because it's Monday -- but as incentive to join the growing movement, every week we're offering an animal-free recipe.
Everyone could use more leafy greens, and this is an easy and quick way to prepare them.
You will need:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil 3 garlic cloves, pressed 4 bundles mixed greens (collard, kale, whatever you like) 4 tablespoons soy sauce 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar 2 teaspoons Tabasco 1/2 cup water (or more, if needed)
1. Thoroughly rinse the greens and tear the leaves off the stems in wide strips.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot (one with a lid) over medium-high heat.
3. Add the garlic and saute for just a minute or so.
4. Put the damp greens in the pot, cover with the lid and cook for five minutes or so, then stir so that the leaves are coated with oil and garlic.
5. Add the apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce and water.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
6. Cover and cook for fifteen minutes, or until the greens are the consistency you like. (New, tender greens don't take as long.)