Once January rolls around, you'll be working hard on those resolutions -- and your food and beverage consumption will probably decrease as a result. So why not make your last meal of the year really count?
Keep reading for our top ten food and drink events for this New Year's Eve -- and make sure you've got an extra notch on your belt buckle. You'll need it.
10. Belvedere Restaurant If your goal is to eat and drink yourself into oblivion, look no further than the Belvedere, Kinga Klek's new joint that just opened this summer; the restaurant is hosting an all-you-can-eat-and-drink blowout, champagne included, for $80 to $150. Call 720-974-4052.
9. Royal Gorge Route Railroad: New Year's Eve Dinner Train If you've been on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad's Observation Dome train, then you already know about the spectacular (and romantic) views that will accompany the gourmet three-course meal the railroad is offering this year. The train leaves at 6:30 p.m., and admission is $99; call 1-888-724-5748 or visit www.royalgorgereservations.com.
8. Second Home: French Quarter New Year's Eve Get a jump start on Mardi Gras at Second Home, which is featuring a Louisiana-inspired menu, champagne specials, a midnight toast and more. Don your mask, raise your glass to 2012...and let the good times roll. Call 303-253-3000 or visit www.secondhomedenver.com.
7. Celtic Tavern: Irish New Year's Celebration If you want to beat the downtown crowds and celebrate early, Irish eyes will be smiling on the Celtic Tavern. For $25, you can dine off an Irish-food buffet, then welcome the new year with a special toast and bagpipe salute -- when the new year hits Ireland, anyway. The celebration runs from 3 to 7 p.m.; call 303-308-1795 or visit www.celtictavern.com.
6. The Lobby American Grille: Roaring '20s Party Go back in time at the Lobby this New Year's Eve, when it will be hosting a Roaring '20s Party. Along with the prix-fixe menu option, there will be a DJ, drinks and dancing; the fun starts at 8 p.m. and there's a $10 cover charge after 10 p.m. -- which will be waived if you purchase food. Call 303-997-9911 or visit www.thelobbydenver.com.
5. The Corner Office: Flappers & Gangsters New Year's Eve Bash The 1920s may seem a popular theme this year, but the Corner Office is taking things just a tad further by including gangsters in the mix -- so dust off that fedora and get ready for live entertainment, a champagne toast and other festivities. Hotel packages are available, too, so you can skip the traffic on the drive home. The party starts at 4 p.m., and admission is a steal at $20; call 303-825-6500 or visit www.thecornerofficedenver.com.
4. Dazzle: New Year's Eve Gala Of course you could count on Dazzle to bring excellent music and food to its New Year's Eve celebration! Rob Mullins and Beats Noir are providing the tunes; admission starts at $30, but a $75 splurge will get you the music, access to both dance floors, a three-course meal, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. The festivities start at 8:30 p.m.; call 303-839-5100 or visit www.dazzlejazz.com.
3. Stir Cooking School: New Year's Eve Cooking Class If your New Year's resolution is to cook more -- or if you'd like to impress a date with your mad dicing skills -- Stir is offering a class from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., where you'll learn to cook a delicious meal, then still have time to get out on the town and party before the ball drops. Admission is $75; call 720-287-4823 or visit www.stirtolearn.com.
2. Great Divide Brewing Co.: New Year, New Beer Midnight Toast Sure, champagne is great, but maybe you overdid it on Christmas -- or maybe you're just a beer person. In that case, make sure you're in the Great Divide tap room at midnight, when the 'tenders will offer the inaugural pour of the brewery's Nomad beer, and ring in the new year by raising a glass of the other bubbly (well, foamy, anyway) alcoholic beverage of choice. Call 303-296-9460 or visit www.greatdivide.com.
1. Steuben's: 38-Hour New Year's Eve Celebration For the past three years, Steuben's has been going New Year's Eve one better by staying open overnight -- so if the party's over and you're still hungry, this is definitely the place to go. Steuben's will open at 10 a.m. on December 31 and keep the doors unlocked until midnight on January 1; through the 38-hour bash, there will be brunch and dinner selections, plus music from DJ Parris, a midnight toast and more. Call 303-830-1001 or visit www.steubens.com.
Those are our ten favorite events -- but that's far from all that's going on in food on New Year's Eve; visit our online food-and-drink listings for a full rundown of what's on the menu.
More New Year's Eve lists
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!