OpenTable lists America's top fifty restaurants "fit for foodies"
OpenTable.com, the free (for consumers) online reservations program, just released its 2010 Diners' Choice Awards for restaurants that are most Fit for Foodies, the victors of which were determined by more than seven million online reviews as voted by OpenTable diners.
The question is, how many Colorado restaurants made the cut?
Frasca Food & Wine, the Boulder bastion of Friulian cooking overseen by master sommelier Bobby Stuckey and kitchen wizard Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson, was the only Colorado restaurant to grace the list, joining a high-powered, elitist roster that also includes Blackbird (Chicago); Blue Hill (New York); Graham Elliot (Chicago); Quince (San Francisco); The French Laundry (Yountville); the Publican (Chicago); and wd-50 (New York).
But whoever compiled the list, which is alphabetical by restaurant name, is clearly geographically challenged: Frasca, according to the scroll, which also pinpoints the restaurants' locations, resides in Denver -- which must have Boulderites seething, especially after Bon Appetit magazine just anointed the college hub the "foodiest town of 2010."
And if that wasn't cause enough to go hyper-haywire, Frasca is closed until October 26, while the crew remodels the space and builds two more restaurants: Pizzeria Locale and Il Caffé. In other words, it's gonna be a while before you can cross it off your been there, done that list.
To see all fifty restaurants that made the grade, click after the jump.
* Abbatoir - Atlanta, GA * Ad Hoc - Yountville, CA * Annisa - New York, NY * Bergamot - Somerville, MA * Bibou - Philadelphia, PA * Bistro LQ - Los Angeles, CA * Blackbird - Chicago, IL * Blue Hill - New York, NY * Bonsoirée - Chicago, IL * Camino - Oakland, CA * Canteen - San Francisco, CA * Cascina Spinasse - Seattle, WA * Cochon - New Orleans, LA * Coi - San Francisco, CA * Commis - San Francisco, CA * Craigie on Main - Cambridge, MA * Dirt Candy - New York, NY * Falai - New York, NY * FIG - Charleston, SC * Fond - Philadelphia, PA * Forage - Salt Lake City, UT * Frances - San Francisco, CA * Frasca Food and Wine - Denver, CO * Gather - San Francisco, CA * Girl & The Goat - Chicago, IL * Graham Elliot - Chicago, IL * Hatfields - Los Angeles, CA * Haute Dish - Minneapolis, MN * Heartland Restaurant - St. Paul, MN * Local 127 - Cincinnati, OH * Mado - Chicago, IL * Menton - Boston, MA * Mistral Kitchen - Seattle, WA * noca - Phoenix, AZ * o ya - Boston, MA * Osteria Mozza - Los Angeles, CA * palate food + wine - Glendale, CA * Piccolo - Minneapolis, MN * Primo - Rockland, ME * Quince - San Francisco, CA * Range - San Francisco, CA * Saffron Restaurant & Lounge - Minneapolis, MN * Sprout - Chicago, IL * Takashi - Chicago, IL * The French Laundry - Yountville, CA * The Publican - Chicago, IL * The Tasting Kitchen - Venice, CA * Tilth - Seattle, WA * Ubuntu Napa - Napa, CA * wd-50 - New York, NY
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...