Reader: Entertainment or excellence -- an easy choice at Euclid Hall
Things are looking up for Jorel Pierce.
On Monday night, Euclid Hall was featured on Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods. But the food there isn't all that bizarre: Yesterday, Euclid Hall learned that executive chef Jorel Pierce has been named a semi-finalist for James Beard Rising Star Chef.
And while Pierce didn't last past the first episode of this past season of Top Chef, the James Beard list is the true top chef designation. (But it may be a year or two behind: Best Rising Star Chef is also the title Pierce earned in our Best of Denver 2011.) See also: - Jorel Pierce a semi-finalist in James Beard Rising Star; four other Denver chefs make the cut - Best Rising Star Chef 2011: Jorel Pierce - Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods in Denver
So what are you going to believe?
1) A reality TV show where the ratings are driven more by personalities and conflict than by actual talent or cooking skills, and where many of the contests have little or nothing to do with the real world of creating and executing a consistent and creative menu. 2) A non-profit organization dedicated to researching the best restaurants in the country and honoring regional and national excellence regardless of individual fame or strength of personality.
Entertainment or excellence - seems like an easy choice.
Have you eaten at Euclid Hall? What's your favorite dish there? Post it below -- or go to Euclid Hall's Voice Places location page and write your own review.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Small Is Big: A Second Helping of Westword Food & Drink, September 28 - October 2
- Get a Taste of Il Porcellino Tonight, Before It Opens in Late October in Berkeley
- Friday Night Bazaar Transforms to Night Bazaar Denver With New Location Starting Tonight
- Reader: Complaints About Quality of Barbecue Should Focus on Quality of Transplants