In my review of Adelitas Cocina Y Cantina, I explore the deals -- Margarita Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, etc. -- that contribute to the popularity of this locally-owned Mexican restaurant. But Adelitas isn't the only spot in town that looks beyond happy hour to drive business. Here are a half-dozen other spots with noteworthy specials. See also: Adelitas Deals Are the Taco the Town
6) Americatus 2449 Larimer Street 303-862-9850 Tuesday night is date night at Americatus (formerly Amerigo Delicatus Restaurant & Market), and chef-owner Iain Chisholm makes it easy on whoever grabs the tab: Dinner for two includes your choice of any two entrees, a dessert to share and a bottle of house wine for $50. If you don't have a significant other in your life, just bring a friend.
5) Amass 2240 Clay Street 720-287-1895 If you want to explore wines you've never heard of on the mostly French list at Amass, a French bistro that opened in Jefferson Park this fall, Tuesday is the night to do so. Bottles are half-price all night, so you can choose one bottle for your oysters, another for your boeuf bourguignon and cochon.
4) Pizza Republica 890 14th Street 5373 Landmark Place, Greenwood Village Borrowing a gimmick from radio stations, Pizza Republica offers Two for Tuesdays, only instead of getting two songs by the same artist, you get a free pizza with every pizza purchased. The deal - offered in-house only -- comes in handy, particularly if you're at the 14th Street location and you need to feed a crowd before a show.
3) Bones 701 Grant Street 303-860-2929 Who says kids should have all the fun? Not Johnny DePierro, the chef at Bones who spreads around the fun. On Wednesday nights, you can indulge your inner kid with a Happy Fantastic Meal: sriracha-glazed chicken bites, vegetable tempura, soft-serve ice cream, a can of beer and even a toy. And the adult in you won't mind a bit, considering you'll be in and out for $12.
1247 Bannock Street 720-931-8888 This popular tavern offers as many promotions as there are days of the week, including tacos that are only $1 to $2.50 on Mondays after 5 p.m. and $6 martinis on Fridays. But the deal we like best happens on Wednesdays, when bottles of wine are half off.
1) Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria 410 East Seventh Avenue 303-861-9463
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
Move aside, bottomless mimosas. Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria has something just as good: bottomless dinner. Starting at 3 p.m. on Sundays, the restaurant offers Sunday Supper for $12.95 per person, which includes four courses offered family-style: bruschetta; Caesar salad; pizze tre stagioni with cheese, mushrooms and pepperoni; and spaghetti marinara. Housemade lamb-and-pork meatballs can be added for $2 each.