Ten restaurants that will bowl you over with New Orleans fare on Super Bowl weekend
Big Easy Creole Kitchen is ready for Super Bowl Sunday.
Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend, which means everyone will be turning their attention to New Orleans, where the annual championship game will be played. If you weren't able to make it to the Big Easy, it's still easy to get your Cajun food fix right here in Denver at one of these traditional (and not-so-traditional) restaurants serving Louisiana fare. See also: - Food porn from Olav Peterson's Bittersweet - Big Easy Creole Kitchen opens in Cherry Creek - Denver Broncos and "Mustang" -- a match made in hell
Inside the Denver Lucile's.
10) Lucile's Creole Cafe Lucile's Creole Cafe features classic Creole dishes at all five of its locations. Start your day Louisiana-style with biscuits and gravy or dive into a bowl of homemade gumbo for lunch. Don't leave without having a beignet (New Orleans-style donut). Served hot, it's impossible to resist.
9) Big Easy Creole Kitchen At Big Easy Creole Kitchen, which opened last fall, you will find crawfish étouffée, oysters, red beans and rice and much more on a New Orleans-themed menu. This Cherry Creek restaurant serves lunch and dinner, as well as a "Big Easy Jazz Brunch" on Sundays complete with beignets, eggs Benedict and fresh, bottomless mimosas.
8) NoNo's Cafe Known for its outrageous portion sizes, NoNo's Cafe will give you everything you need and more in terms of Southern-style cooking. NoNo's keeps it fresh with a menu that is constantly being updated, as well as a signature list of dishes that you can always count on. If you're feeling festive, order a traditional King Cake in anticipation of Mardi Gras that you can share (or not share) with your friends and family.
7) Bayou Bob's Restaurant and Grill For over two decades, Bayou Bob's Restaurant and Grill has been giving Denver a taste of New Orleans with authentic Southern cuisine made from scratch daily. The menu includes jambalaya, crab cakes and po' boy sandwiches. The reasonable prices and Monday through Friday happy hour deals make it easy to laissez les bon temps rouler!
6) The Crawling Crab If seafood is what you crave, The Crawling Crab will not disappoint. The menu includes crab, shrimp, clams and oysters; try the original "Rajun Cajun" spice or the special "All-In" spice. Either way, you'll be crawling back for more.
5) Gumbo's Louisiana Style Cafe The new Gumbo's Louisiana Style Cafe serves up traditional Cajun dishes at the right price. Sure, you'll find classic gumbo and grits on the menu, but there are also shrimp sliders. You may be dining in Uptown, but Gumbo's will make you feel like you're way down South.
4) Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Yes, it's part of a chain (and the last link left in metro Denver) but Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen in the south 'burbs will still satisfy your Cajun cravin' with oysters, gumbo and fried seafood. And this weekend you can take advantage of its game-day special, ordering shrimp by the pound to go.
3) Asian Cajun Expect the unexpected at Asian Cajun, which specializes in both Louisiana-style and Asian dishes. You can enjoy a classic catfish po' boy sandwich or boiled seafood in your choice of sauce. The casual atmosphere is perfect if you're looking for an easy, fun twist on Big Easy fare.
2) Lincoln's Road House For more fun and a rowdy crowd, check out Lincoln's Road House, which offers such traditional fare as jambalaya and grilled Louisiana hot sausage. And you'll be bowled over by the weekend special: chicken and waffles!
1) Bittersweet For a less traditional New Orleans dish, dine at Bittersweet, where the French-influenced menu includes an incredible royal red shrimp gumbo and lobster consommé.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...