Summer's not quite over, but fall's definitely in the air -- and in the trees, and on the ground. Now is the perfect time to visit one of Colorado's farms, orchards or pumpkin patches to harvest your own taste of fall. Here are ten of our favorite spots -- take your pick! See also: Ten Best Tiny Restaurants in Denver
10) Miller Farms Fall Harvest Festival (Now through mid-November)
Celebrate the start of fall at the Fall Harvest Festival at Miller Farms, where you can learn what it's like to work on a farm, take a hayride and pick your own veggies and pumpkins.
9) Rock Creek Farm (September 27 - October 31) Gather your family and friends for a free day of scouring over 100 acres for that perfect pumpkin. You can also get lost in a corn maze, hop on a hayride and eat some delicious fresh apples as you enjoy a sunny fall day.
8) Anderson Farms (September 24 - November 1) Colorado's longest-running corn-maze and pumpkin patch lets you pick out a pumpkin, toss the rejects in a "gourd launcher," get scared in a haunted corn maze, and generally enjoy all the joys of fall in Colorado. 7) Ya Ya Farm and Orchard (Now through November) This hundred-year-old Boulder farm and orchard is the perfect place to pick apples while enjoying a view of the If freshly picked apples don't taste enough like autumn to you, you can also purchase cider, apple cider donuts, and more.
6) Happy Apple Farm (Now, every Wednesday - Sunday) If you want to take home a bounty of fruit so that you can bake fresh apple, berry, and pumpkin pies, take a road trip to Happy Apple Farm -- and enjoy the scenery along the way. Keep reading for five more ways to enjoy fall's bounty.
5) Berry Patch Farms (Strawberries and raspberries will be at there best this weekend and next week) Located not too far from the city, Berry Patch farms looks like a pastoral paradise. At this all-organic farm, berries are ripe for the U-pick crowds, but there's also a mini farmer's market inside Berry Patch's barn, selling all of its certified organic produce and roasting up bushels of green chiles.
4) Hill's Harvest (Now through October 31) In Thornton you'll find Hill's Harvest, a farm with a massive pumpkin patch full of ripe pumpkins. The patch is open every day, and there are free hayrides on the weekends.
3) Flat Acres Farm (September 27 - October 31) Looking for the perfect pumpkin? Head to Flat Acres Farm in Parker. This farm also boasts two corn mazes (haunted and friendly) as well as an organic produce patch. 2) Delicious Orchards (Now through November) While this orchard is a good day's drive from Denver, the hard cider-tasting room makes the trek worth it. Just make sure you don't eat all your freshly picked apples on the way home.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1) Pumpkin Festival at Chatfield Botanic Gardens (October 10-12) This three-day event will celebrate all the pleasures of fall. There will be a huge pumpkin patch where you can pick out the perfect gourd, as wll as a corn maze, live music, carnival games, pumpkin-carving and many more fall-tastic activities.