Thirteen Top Spots to Trick-or-Eat on Halloween in the Denver Area
The Virgin of Guadalupe was a winner at an earlier Lola costume contest.
As Halloween descends on the city, there will be plenty of ghostly, ghoulish and gory events on October 31. But if your idea of trick-or-treating is really trick-or-eating, here are thirteen special events and deals to stash in your goodie bag.
Good deal, good cause at Chipotle's Boorito.
13) Chipotle Load up for October 31 at Chipotle after 5 p.m., when the homegrown chain will celebrate Boorito by selling all customers in costume $3 burritos, bowls, salads and tacos and kids' meals. Up to $1 million from this Boorito night will be donated to support the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation. This year, Chipotle is also holding a national costume contest; to enter, customers should upload a photo of themselves in costume at Chipotle to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ChipotleBooritoContest; three grand prize winners will win $2,500 in the categories of "best group," "scariest" and "most creative," and five runners-up will be chosen to receive free Chipotle catering for up to twenty people. For more information, visit boorito.com.
12) Upslope Brewing Tap Room There will be beats, boos and brews at the Swills & Chills Halloween Costume Party at the Upslope Brewing tap room in Lee Hill in Boulder. The party will run from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and will feature a specialty Halloween-themed brew, costume contest with a $100 first-place prize, the Cheese Louise food truck, games and prizes. Find more information here.
11) Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine The party starts early at Humboldt Farm Fish & Wine on Halloween, where starting at 3 p.m. and running until closing, costumed kids will receive candy and every adult with a costumed child gets a free shot of Fireball.
10) Simms Steak House Simms Steakhouse will offer guests a "Boo with a View" on Halloween. The restaurant will feature a Halloween-themed, five-course dinner with hair-raising cocktail pairings for each dish, as well as live music. The macabre meal starts at 6 p.m. and is $65 per person; visit simmssteakhouse.com. 9) Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria Lala's Wine Bar + Pizzeria is offering Halloween dinner and a ghastly ghost tour all bandaged up in one convenient package. The three-course dinner at Lala's will be followed by a haunted house tour of Denver's historic -- and haunted -- Capitol Hill neighborhood. There will be seatings at 6 and 8 p.m.; reservations are $45 at 303-861-9463.
Punch Bowl Social will have revelers gathered around.
8) Lola Mexican Fish House Lola is throwing a Halloween party and costume contest starting at 7 p.m. October 31. There will be prizes for first-, second- and third-place costumes, as well as live music from Crazy Gorilla Drummer and the Rocky Mountain Oysters and drink specials all night long. For reservations and more information, call 720-570-8686. 7) Ignite Burgers & Lounge Ignite Burgers & Bar will be lighting up the night with a complimentary shot of Fireball for grownups and treats for the kids. The evening will also feature Tito's drink specials, music on the rooftop patio and a costume contest; the best costume will snag a Tito's Vodka, Les Paul Guitar. The party will run from 6 to 10 p.m. with a DJ at 7 and the costume contest at 8:30. For more information, call 303-296-2600. 6) Punch Bowl Social Punch Bowl Social is holding a Game of Thrones Costume Contest with prizes in the categories of Best Couple, Most Creative and Sexiest Costume. Judging begins at 9 p.m. and winners will be announced at midnight; there will be a live DJ all evening. For more information, visit punchbowlsocial.com. 5) ViewHouse (Centennial and downtown) Both ViewHouse locations (Centennial and downtown) will be going all out for Halloween, throwing down for three days in a row. On Thursday, the eve of Halloween, the Witches Brew will be pouring and you can enter to win a trip to see Wicked in New York City; the best witch-themed contest wins $1,000. On October 31, the theme is vampires, with drink specials, DJs, giveaways and a vampire-themed costume contest. Saturday night's Day of the Dead party will feature more drinks, debauchery and another $1,000 prize for the most possessed costume. For more information, visit viewhouse.com. Keep reading for four more places to trick-or-eat on Halloween
License No. 1 will be loaded with spirits on Halloween.
4) Central Bistro & Bar Eat, drink and be scary at Central Bistro on Halloween. Starting at 9 p.m. $10 at the door will get you a free drink, door prizes, happy-hour prices and the chance to win free beer for a year and $100 for the best costume. The kitchen will be serving until 11 p.m., the bar until 2 a.m. For more information, visit centralbistrobar.com. 3) License No. 1 License No. 1, the speakeasy-type lounge that took over the Catacombs under Hotel Boulderado, will be throwing a 1920s Reincarnation Celebration for Halloween. Come dressed as you were circa 1920 and you will be entered to win a $100 bar tab, cash gift cards or an 86 Co. gift pack. There will also be tours of the spooky subterranean lair that is License No. 1 -- ghost sightings optional. For more information, visit boulderado.com.
2) The BigWonderful The BigWonderful will turn its monthly Final Friday into an Adult Halloween party, with food, drink and a special musical event. Admission is free from 5 to 10 p.m. at Sustainability Park.
1) Ace Head to Ace and then right out of this world for Cosmic Pong, complete with ping pong, DJs, drinks, dancing and a costume contest. The party will run from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. with a contest at 10:30 p.m. awarding prizes for the top three costumes. Reservations of eight or more can play ping pong for free. Find more information here.
Know of another great Halloween event? Post details below. For information on dozens of culinary events around town, visit our online Food & Drink listings -- and if you have information for a culinary event you'd like included in our online calendar, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on dozens of culinary events around town, visit our online Food & Drink listings -- and if you have information for a culinary event you'd like included in our online calendar, send it to email@example.com.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.