It's about damn time this year ended. But before it does, we're taking a look back at your favorite stories of 2009. Here, the ten most-read stories from the Cafe Society blog.
10. The Ten Worst Burger Ideas Ever: Teague Bohlen on when bad things happen to good foods.
9. America's five best food holidays -- and three we need to start: Jason Sheehan on Streetcorner Hot Dog Cart Appreciation Week and other imagined days of awesomeness.
8. Cheapotle.com: Chipotle lovers want their big-ass burritos back: The homegrown chain's menu changes did not go over well.
7. Ten foods we love even though they taste wrong: Teague Bohlen on nacho cheese and why we all want to bathe in it.
6. Quiznos is the sandwich of choice for half-naked playmates: Two girls, one sub, no shame.
5. How to survive Casa Bonita, the world's weirdest Mexican restaurant: Joel Warner helps newbies survive Colorado's weirdest restaurant.
4. What the crappy treats you give out on Halloween say about you: An instructive piece by Bohlen on the meaning of the jelly beans in your Halloween bowl
3. PETA's ten worst -- actually, make that best -- publicity stunts: Jason Sheehan on the evil genius of everyone's favorite animal-rights group.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. The ten worst fast-food ad campaigns: We get it, Carl: Your food will stain our shirt. Awesome.
1. The 10 worst lunch boxes ever -- and what they say about the kids who carried them: That generic sports lunchbox you carried all through grade school? Teague Bohlen has something to tell you.