It's about damn time this year ended. But before it does, we're taking a look back at your favorite stories of 2009. Here, the ten most-read stories from the Cafe Society blog.
10. The Ten Worst Burger Ideas Ever: Teague Bohlen on when bad things happen to good foods.
9. America's five best food holidays -- and three we need to start: Jason Sheehan on Streetcorner Hot Dog Cart Appreciation Week and other imagined days of awesomeness.
8. Cheapotle.com: Chipotle lovers want their big-ass burritos back: The homegrown chain's menu changes did not go over well.
7. Ten foods we love even though they taste wrong: Teague Bohlen on nacho cheese and why we all want to bathe in it.
6. Quiznos is the sandwich of choice for half-naked playmates: Two girls, one sub, no shame.
5. How to survive Casa Bonita, the world's weirdest Mexican restaurant: Joel Warner helps newbies survive Colorado's weirdest restaurant.
4. What the crappy treats you give out on Halloween say about you: An instructive piece by Bohlen on the meaning of the jelly beans in your Halloween bowl
3. PETA's ten worst -- actually, make that best -- publicity stunts: Jason Sheehan on the evil genius of everyone's favorite animal-rights group.
2. The ten worst fast-food ad campaigns: We get it, Carl: Your food will stain our shirt. Awesome.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. The 10 worst lunch boxes ever -- and what they say about the kids who carried them: That generic sports lunchbox you carried all through grade school? Teague Bohlen has something to tell you.