Vegan chocolate cupcakes for an easy dessert on Meatless Monday
This time of year, it's all about the baked goods -- so what's a plant-based eater to do? Make your own, of course. These chocolate cupcakes are super-easy and suitable for any occasion.
See also: - Vegan zucchini bread for a sweet seasonal treat on Meatless Monday - Chocolate-chip vegan scones for a breakfast treat on Meatless Monday - Vegan carrot cake for a fancy dessert on Meatless Monday
This recipe was adapted for altitude from The Joy of Vegan Baking.
You will need:
1 3/4 cups flour 3/4 cups sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1/3 cup oil 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar 1 cup cold water powdered sugar to top
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil a muffin tin.
1. Place the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
Mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
Put the vanilla, oil, vinegar and water in the well.
Mix until just combined.
3. Pour into muffin tin -- this should make eight to ten cupcakes.
Bake for fifteen minutes.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...