Springtime is fleeing fast, so before it gets too hot to even think about turning on the oven, whip up some of these fluffy, sweet vanilla cupcakes, and top them off with strawberry frosting.
See also: - Vegan peanut butter cookies for your sweetheart on Meatless Monday - Vegan chocolate cupcakes for an easy dessert on Meatless Monday - Vegan pumpkin spice bread with chocolate chips for a sweet treat on Meatless Monday
You will need:
2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut milk 1/2 cup safflower oil 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 tablespoon white vinegar 1/2 cup vegan butter 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with paper cups.
1. Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; whisk together until thoroughly combined.
2. In a smaller bowl, put one cup of the coconut milk, the safflower oil, the vanilla extract and the vinegar.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined (don't overmix).
Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for 18 minutes or until done. And while the cupcakes are baking, make the icing. (Note: If you don't like a lot of icing, cut the powdered sugar, vegan butter, extra milk and strawberry jam amounts in half.)
4. In a small bowl, cream the butter with a blender until smooth.
It doesn't matter if it looks a little lumpy; you can beat it smooth.
6. Add the remaining two tablespoons of coconut milk and blend.
7. Add the strawberry jam and blend.
Your cupcakes should be finished baking by now.
When they're cool enough, spread the icing on with a spatula.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!