Win a $50 gift certificate to A Taste of Colorado
Update: 9:50 a.m. Thursday: Thanks for playing everyone! The contest is over, we've picked our winners. We won't announce them here until all the prizes have been picked up.
If you try and print out this image and present it, you will be laughed at.
Five $50 gift certificates to the 28th annual A Taste of Colorado (Friday, September 2 through Monday, September 5) just landed on the Cafe Society desk. We have to unload these by Thursday at noon, so if you want to stuff yourself for free dollars this Labor Day Weekend, leave a comment below telling us why...
...You should get the gift certificate. Easy enough, right?
A few rules:
1. You are limited to ten words.
2. One of those words must be "meat."
3. It must rhyme.
4. You cannot include the word "foodie" anywhere, or you're disqualified.
5. Make sure you leave a valid e-mail address in the e-mail field!
6. Leave at least your real first name.
7. THE KICKER: The comments that get the most "Likes" have better chances of winning. You can lobby your friends to vote for you, it'd just be nice if you shared your winnings with them.
We will contact the winners on Thursday.
To get you in the rhyming mood and get those creative juices flowing, may we suggest "Spinning Wheel" by Blood, Sweat & Tears (who perform Sunday night.)
This year's A Taste of Colorado features more than 50 "food establishments," a catch-all term for anything that sells food to the public. As always, it will be held in Denver's Civic Center Park. This year, music performances will be put on by Boyz II Men, David Nail, Herman's Hermits (starring Peter Noone), the Neville Brothers and ASIA (featuring John Payne.) Get all the details from http://www.atasteofcolorado.com.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Denver dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Weekend Updates: New Hours for Old Major; Hot Dogs at Baur's
- Natural Grocers Macadamia Nut Mix Recalled for Possible Salmonella Contamination
- "Money Is Not the Goal": Left Hand Brewing Converts to Employee Ownership
- Rosa Mia Inn in Berkeley Neighborhood to Become Nip & Sip From Centennial/Jonesy's...