Denver's status as a great city for food is not in question -- but if it ever is, 2012 packed more than enough food news to defend that title. The year (so far) in food photos features barbecue, sushi, steak, soup, salad and food truck options galore. Warning: Don't chance it on an empty stomach. Curated by Elyse Mitchell.
It has been a great year for concerts in Colorado so far, and there isn't any sign of that letting up soon. Westword presents some of the best moments our photographers have captured from shows to this point in 2012.
- 2012 in Denver Nightlife Photos
- Best Costumes of 2012
- 2012 in...
Alice Cooper brought his ghoulish live show to the Paramount Theatre on November 23, 2012. All photos by Brandon Marshall.
- Photos: The twenty most ghoulish Alice Cooper fans at the Paramount Theatre this past weekend
- Alice Cooper on partying with Keith Moon, Jim Morrison, Jimi...
Roving nightlife photographer Britt Chester trekked across the city to capture these nightlife shots on November 21, 2012. These scenes come from Punch Bowl - Social Food & Drink, Stoney's Bar and Grill, Lucky Strike, Beta Nightclub and City Hall Amphitheatre.
- Trancegiving at the...
Markus Schulz played a rowdy set at The Church on Thanksgiving Eve 2012. All photos by Britt Chester.
- Naughty Tricks and Sexy Treats at the Church
- Caffeine Go-Go Auditions at the Church
- Nightlife at the Church and Suite 200
El Diablo kicked off the new holiday season with a reindeer petting zoo and a ceremony to light the building. All photos by Christopher Morgan.
- Slide show: El Diablo's Holiday Spectacular
- Slide show: Get Lit Lighting Ceremony at El Diablo
- City deadline for First Avenue Hotel...
During the first weekend of November, the MCA hosted its second Art Meets Beast festival, which honored the history of the bison with art and education. All photos courtesy of Sarah Baie.
See also: Art Meets Beast this weekend at MCA Denver
On November 20, 2012, Dethklok, All That Remains and the Black Dahlia Murder played Denver's Fillmore Auditorium. All photos by Brandon Marshall.
- Brendon Small of Dethklok on Metalocalypse's unlikely Warlock Pinchers/Colorado connection
- Slide show: Dethklok and Mastadon at the...
"Bruce Springsteen asked for silence, and a crowd of thousands obliged. Springsteen and the E Street Band were eight songs deep into their three-hour, 26-song set at the Pepsi Center on Monday night, and the mood had suddenly turned reverent as Springsteen introduced "My City of Ruins" as a...
Over the weekend, the 1UP became the world capital of Donkey Kong during the Kong Off II as the arcade game's top twelve players battled against wild card contenders for the top live spot. Canadian Jeff Willms earned the title in a field that also featured The King of Kong's Billy Mitchell and...