Nobody wants a wipeout to land them on the disabled list for the rest of the season, but for some reason we humans love to watch one another literally crash and figuratively burn. (Almost as much as we love to watch one another commit even more unseemly acts.)
It follows that I raise my virtual glass to all of those whose pain and suffering has been recorded and posted on the Internet. But I digress: Without further ado, my top 10 wipeout videos culled from the depths of the WWW...
10. This one is at the top of the page for a reason: "Getting hurt sucks."
8. He's no Simon Dumont, but his landing is funnier and less painful.
7. The wrong answer to "Have you ever been skiing down a flight of stairs?"
6. In honor of the Winter Olympics, a serious luge wipeout.
5. And just like that, snowboarding season was over.
4. "Next time I'm wearing a helmet for sure." Hindsight is 20/20.
3. Bad ski wipeout indeed.
2. Who says sledders can't wipeout with the best of them?
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.