Keith Garcia, creative manager for the Alamo Drafthouse, thinks that Mean Girls is the perfect, quotable high-school movie -- hence the Mean Girls Quote-Along event taking place Friday, September 13, and Sunday, September 15. "Tina Fey did such an amazing job of writing that screenplay that there are so many good bon mots and lines," he says.
In celebration of this super-fetch event, here are our ten favorite quotes from the best high school movie to come out of Hollywood this century. See also:- You'll never guess which IMDB-listed TV and movie actors hail from Denver and Boulder
10. "How many of you have ever felt personally victimized by Regina George?" -- Ms. Norbury
She really is the meanest mean girl, y'all.
9. "On Wednesdays we wear pink!" -- Karen Smith
There are lots of fabulous tidbits in this particular segment of the movie, but Karen's bright, bubbly, totally idiotic heads-up showcases how the Plastics, the queen bees of the school, lay out their own rules.
8. "You go, Glen Coco!" -- Damian
Handing out holiday candy canes, Damian throws in this little non sequitur. Who is Glen Coco? We don't know. But he's in the pop-culture lexicon now!
7. "Hell, no -- I did not leave the Southside for this!" -- Mr. Duvall
Oh, Tim Meadows: So genius in his brief roles in this film. We love this quote so much that we chose it over the other obvious option from this scene: "The girls have gone wild!"
6. "Boo, you whore." -- Regina George
Karen's faking sick. Regina totally doesn't buy it, you guys.
5. "I don't hate you cuz yo' fat...yo' fat cuz I hate you!" -- Jessica Lopez
She might only get one line in this whole movie, but damn, it's a good one.
4. "Gretchen, stop trying to make 'fetch' happen." -- Regina George
NO NEW SLANG WORDS, OKAY, GRETCHEN? Jesus.
3. "Oh, hi -- did you wanna buy some drugs?" -- Ms. Norbury
Tina Fey gave most of the best lines to her co-stars in this film, but this one is still a fan favorite.
2. "In girl world, Halloween is the only night of the year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." -- Cady Heron
She does have a point...
1. "I want my pink shirt back!!" -- Damian
Damian's got so many great lines in this movie, but with this one, he's both indignant and hilarious.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.