10. Blake Street Tavern: Blake Street Blowout First things first: Admission to this blowout is $50, which you might not consider "cheap" -- but that price tag includes music from DJ Rockstar Aaron and...wait for it ...unlimited house wines, well drinks, draft beers, plus a midnight champagne toast. Unlimited! How much were you planning on spending for a night of drinking, anyway? The blowout starts at 9 p.m.; call 303-675-0505 or visit www.blakestreettavern.com.
9. Dazzle: Beats Noir Dazzle is offering some swanky options that include dinner and access to two rooms of dancing -- if but if you want to keep your evening inexpensive, dropping $15 for the Beats Noir show should pay off. Call 303-839-5100 or visit www.dazzlejazz.com.
8. Denver Botanic Gardens: Blossoms of Light Forget fireworks! Every year, the Denver Botanic Gardens adorns plants with more than a million LED lights for a spectacular stroll that costs only $4.50 to $9.50 (and is free for kids two and younger). It's family-friendly, it's cheap, it runs from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m., and the lights will be taken down after New Year's Day, so enjoy them while you can. Call 720-865-3500 or visit www.botanicgardens.org.
7. Mercury Cafe: Erotic Poetry Festival and Masquerade de Voltaire The Merc's got a lot going on for New Year's Eve, and it's all very affordable. But the best deal is the annual Erotic Poetry Festival; for $6, you'll get sexy, sultry poetry, which will pair perfectly with the steampunk belly dancers. The poetry runs from 7 to 9 p.m. -- and if you've got a few extra dollars in your wallet, or if you prefer a masquerade, consider the Merc's Masquerade de Voltaire, with Dr Bzurk, Gora Gora Orkestar and the Tanukis, as well as magicians, acrobats, burlesque and more. That starts at 10 p.m. and costs just $15. Call 303-294-9258 or visit www.mercurycafe.com.
6. Beta As a general rule, the cover charge at Beta is one of the lowest in town -- especially given the venue's state-of-the-art sound system. And the club isn't raising prices on New Year's Eve, which means you can enjoy tunes by DJ Dragon, Cognition + T-Rav, Tommy Michael and Marshall Monica starting at 9 p.m. for a mere $10. Yes, $10. Call 303-383-1909 or visit www.betanightclub.com.