So it almost goes without saying that Santa Claus isn't known for being the dude with the most wicked moves on the mountain. He's better known for superlatives involving his stomach, his speed in a flying sleigh, and his generosity with his stash. But as the following videos attest, Mr. Claus can more than hold his own on skis or a board -- or breaking into apartments in Moscow.
1) Santa heli-snowboards winter with skiing elves in tow (sweet Magnum, P.I.-tinged Christmas music to boot):
2) Santa does Silverton -- goofy intro but dig the editing and the wipeouts:
3) This Santa shows off some pretty good moves at Mountain High in California -- but I'm pretty sure the Lindsey Buckingham song is unauthorized:
4) Okay, so Banff's Santa Claus is not extreme in the least -- but he has a real beard and that counts for quite a bit:
5) What could be more extreme than climbing into apartment windows in Moscow?
(Embedding disabled -- link here.)
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.