Dixie Longate has come to Denver to ply her Tupper-wares (har) at the Garner Galleria Theatre. The show opened last week and will be here through early January, so there's still plenty of time to go and reevaluate your tupperware needs. I went on Friday. Truly, it was ridiculous -- my jaw is still sore from laughing so hard. But, in case that's not enough to convince you, here's a list of Dixie's top 10 proposed uses for Tupperware from the show. They are left intentionally vague, because seriously, go see this thing.
10. Sobriety Test No shortage of opportunities to test this one out in the Longate household.
9. Jello Shot Caddy Like we were saying...
8. Oral STD Preventative It's still booze related, don't you worry.
7. Small Child Bludgeon Because sometimes they can be like leeches.
6. Squirrel Marinade Assistant Makes 'em nice and juicy. Can't even taste the burned rubber.
5. Sex Toy Of course.
4. Can Opener Funniest part of the show, at least on the night we went.
3. Vodka Fruit Infuser So much added convenience.
2. Whiskey Sippy Cup See: numbers 10,9,8,3
1. Motivational Tool Not all fun and plastic games. Go be somebody.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.