For those of us not inclined to celebrate Valentine's Day for one reason than another, there's no better collective way to drown our sorrows than an old-fashioned collective bender. And thankfully the resort towns are throwing all sorts of Mardi Gras shebangs for us to practice our debauchery.
Breckenridge and Winter Park kick off the bacchanalia with parties tomorrow night, Vail is throwing CarniVail all next week, and you can get your Fat Tuesday parade on in all three towns as well as Crested Butte and Snowmass.
After the jump, a more detailed calendar of the week's highlights...
- February 13: Bacchus Ball, Beaver Run Resort, Breckenridge, 6-10 p.m., $40
- February 13: Mountain Mardi Gras, West Portal Station, Winter Park, 7-11 p.m., $30
- February 14: World's Highest Low Country Crawfish Boil in Vail: 12-2:30 p.m. at Eagle's Nest, located at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola
- February 16: Fat Tuesday Parades in Breckenridge, Vail, Winter Park, Sbowmass, Crested Butte
- February 19: Karl Denson's Tiny Universe plays Checkpoint Charlie in Vail Village, 7 p.m., free
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Westword's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Denver's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
So bead up, forget about that lost love, and go tie one on. You deserve it. Well, maybe not, but go ahead anyway.