For those of us not inclined to celebrate Valentine's Day for one reason than another, there's no better collective way to drown our sorrows than an old-fashioned collective bender. And thankfully the resort towns are throwing all sorts of Mardi Gras shebangs for us to practice our debauchery.
Breckenridge and Winter Park kick off the bacchanalia with parties tomorrow night, Vail is throwing CarniVail all next week, and you can get your Fat Tuesday parade on in all three towns as well as Crested Butte and Snowmass.
After the jump, a more detailed calendar of the week's highlights...
- February 13: Bacchus Ball, Beaver Run Resort, Breckenridge, 6-10 p.m., $40
- February 13: Mountain Mardi Gras, West Portal Station, Winter Park, 7-11 p.m., $30
- February 14: World's Highest Low Country Crawfish Boil in Vail: 12-2:30 p.m. at Eagle's Nest, located at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola
- February 16: Fat Tuesday Parades in Breckenridge, Vail, Winter Park, Sbowmass, Crested Butte
- February 19: Karl Denson's Tiny Universe plays Checkpoint Charlie in Vail Village, 7 p.m., free
So bead up, forget about that lost love, and go tie one on. You deserve it. Well, maybe not, but go ahead anyway.
Keep Westword Free... Since we started Westword, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Denver, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Denver with no paywalls.